SFR Vacuum sealers

Sorta fishing-related

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My cheap ass sealer one is dying after 5 years. Coming up on Xmas thinking this is something I can ask for. Not looking for a top notch one, just a good value one. Appreciate the help!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
This is what I've been using for all of my sous vide needs. I've had it for quite a few years and is still going strong.

Amazon product ASIN B00DI342B4

Yeah I wrote a review of sorts up on our other forum (which is now shut down). But I'll go dig it up tomorrow when I'm back to a computer.

But I have and am happy with this one.
VEVOR Chamber Vacuum Sealer, DZ-260A https://a.co/d/hnkS8aI
can you do liquids relatively easy in that style?

flybill

Life of the Party
The Food Saver is great! I don't own one, but have used them before.. I need to get one sometime soon!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I've also been looking into getting the sealer that Evan has, and it is out of stock at the company currently. They make a similar one that is less powerful, so watch out for that if you are shopping around, they look almost exactly the same.

Evan's is the DZ-260A and has a 6.5 m³/h pump rate and runs about $350. The less expensive DZ-260S has a 3 m³/h pump rate and runs around $280

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
This is the one I have, and it's served me well. You can do liquids in it, you just have to watch it.
FoodSaver 5800 Series Vacuum Sealer Machine, 2-In-1 Automatic Bag-Making Vacuum Sealing System with Handheld Vacuum Sealer for Airtight Food Storage and Sous Vide, FS5860, Silver https://a.co/d/1V9ZlLx

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I've also been looking into getting the sealer that Evan has, and it is out of stock at the company currently. They make a similar one that is less powerful, so watch out for that if you are shopping around, they look almost exactly the same.

Evan's is the DZ-260A and has a 6.5 m³/h pump rate and runs about $350. The less expensive DZ-260S has a 3 m³/h pump rate and runs around $280
And they had one that was a step up from mine that had a larger chamber/wider sealer bar. I had actually planned to move up to that one at some point but don't see it on there anymore. The one I have is plenty big for 90% of what I need it for, but sometimes a much wider bag would be nice.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'll add that I'm a full convert to the chamber vac thing. Used Foodsavers for years, but got tired of burning them up and having them overheat. Plus had way, way too many bags that fooled me - thought they were sealed only to find them loose and frosty inside a few months later. Lost a lot of good fish to those.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have a vacuum chamber sealer and immersion heater in the Henderson NV area if someone wants one...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin

Brian in OR.

Steelhead
I'll add that I'm a full convert to the chamber vac thing. Used Foodsavers for years, but got tired of burning them up and having them overheat. Plus had way, way too many bags that fooled me - thought they were sealed only to find them loose and frosty inside a few months later. Lost a lot of good fish to those.
Are you single or double sealing the bags?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
They beauty of a chamber vacuum is the ability to seal items that are wet, like marinades...I used to use mine to seal food like stews or chili so I would drop the bag into a pot of water on my Jet Boil; heats a meal quickly with practically no clean up as I ate out of the bag

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
They beauty of a chamber vacuum is the ability to seal items that are wet, like marinades...I used to use mine to seal food like stews or chili so I would drop the bag into a pot of water on my Jet Boil; heats a meal quickly with practically no clean up as I ate out of the bag
Yeah, that's why I was asking about that. I can do it with my food saver, but it's definitely not ideal due to lack of control.