The Real Mileage of an Electric Truck

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Got a chance to check out a 2022 Porsche Taycan Turbo S...one of my clients got one.

0-60 in 2.6 seconds
616 hp (750 with overboost)
744 fp torque
201 mile range

Its a sweet ride for sure, sleek design and the interior is a nice as anything I have seen, but I dont get out much these days.

Plugs it in at home, isn't towing a trailer.
I did not drive it...

:)

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Got a chance to check out a 2022 Porsche Taycan Turbo S...one of my clients got one.

0-60 in 2.6 seconds
744 fp torque
201 mile range

Its a sweet ride for sure, sleek design and the interior is a nice as anything I have seen, but I dont get out much these days.

I did not drive it...

Probably totally worthless if it doesn't have a frunk. ;)
SF

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
People love to point out what's not great about electric vehicles. This is still in it's infancy. They will continue improve, and will be a real workhorse someday.

0-60 in 2.6 seconds
744 fp torque
201 mile range

I did not drive it...

Having driven a Tesla performance is not a problem. Are you a car guy? Do you live for seat pinning acceleration? Well electric is pretty dynamic and absurdly instant off the line. No cool motor sounds but the performance is there for certain.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I'd love an electric truck, but
1. I need greater range.
2 need to camp for a week without electricity
3. I need it for under 30,000

If ford would do their AWD Maverick in a hybrid. I'd be all over it.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I think you have confused needs with wants...
🤣

Electric vehicles are not for everybody, I think that is well known.
What is puzzling here however, is that everbody they are not for crawls out from under whatever rock they are under at the time to chime in that 'they aren't for me because' each time a thread about electric vehicles is posted...
Same thing was said about cars, by the horse owner...so stay on the same side of history as the horse folks were.
LOL

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Having driven a Tesla performance is not a problem. Are you a car guy? Do you live for seat pinning acceleration? Well electric is pretty dynamic and absurdly instant off the line. No cool motor sounds but the performance is there for certain.

I was reading a blurb recently stating the danger / safety issues regarding EV due to the lack of sound.
I'd imagine someone will eventually develop a throaty V8 sound track for them. It probably already has been.
Will sound for EV eventually be a safety mandate? Stay tuned.
SF

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I still get sticker shock when I wander the lots and note Suburbans' for 90K, Platinum F150's and Big Horn Dodge 80K. Makes a Tesla Model 3 for 45K look to be a bargain.
And meanwhile, me and my 04" dinosaur with 108K on it plod along...gas station to gas station IMG_20200530_133927803.jpg

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I was reading a blurb recently stating the danger / safety issues regarding EV due to the lack of sound.
I'd imagine someone will eventually develop a throaty V8 sound track for them. It probably already has been.
SF
I've never understood that argument. Have you "heard" most late model commuter cars? They make almost no sound around parking lots and whatnot. Electric cars aren't totally silent; they definitely make some sounds and have the usual tire noise on the pavement and all that usual stuff. I'd say the difference in sound emitted from either isn't far off from one another, they're just a little different.

Last edited:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've never understood that argument. Have you "heard" most late model commuter cars? They make almost no sound around parking lots and whatnot. Electric cars aren't totally silent; they definitely make some sounds and have the usual tire noise on the pavement and whatnot. I'd say the difference in sound emitted from either isn't far off from one another, they're just a little different.

reminds me of the motorcycle saying I absolutely hate
"Loud pipes save lives"

No. No they don't.

Dogsnfish

Steelhead
No doubt. We rented a car a few years ago and they put us in a Tesla. Sweet car! But we have dogs, so are now saving for the RAV4 hybrid.

Flymph

Steelhead
SF
Interesting. Next to fireworks, the sound of a rumbling engine/muffler going down the street is about as welcome as Armageddon! We love the fact that our Prius is quiet when doing one of our many wildlife excursions. It's amazing how deer and other animals remain calm. Not to mention, we can sneak up on cats!:) Our next vehicle will be a Truck EV to finish out our lives fishing local lakes without worrying about gas prices and way less maintenance costs. I only wish I could live to see the day when the entire country was utilizing all EVs. I'm sure it will be too late to reverse the hell that we must endure in the meantime.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
I've never understood that argument. Have you "heard" most late model commuter cars? They make almost no sound around parking lots and whatnot. Electric cars aren't totally silent; they definitely make some sounds and have the usual tire noise on the pavement and all that usual stuff. I'd say the difference in sound emitted from either isn't far off from one another, they're just a little different.
Which is why my head‘s on a swivel when I’m riding my Bonneville…especially since I wear earplugs under my helmet.