The “Purdiest” trout…

kmudgn

Steelhead
Is that a radio tag of some kind beside the dorsal?
It is a tag, but not a radio tag. It has a bar code "type" of printing. The guides record the info (you must have a guide where I was) and they use that to measure the health of the poplulation. The fish in the picture had grown almost 3/4 of a pound in a year and got a few inches longer as well. Over the last few years, the population of Brook Trout has been impacted by climate change (heavy rain in summer and reduced winter ice). Many outfitters in the region have lowered the number of "sports" per week to aid in the protection of the fish. All Brook Trout is C&R. You can keep Lake Trout (lousy eating in my opinion) and Pike if you want

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Trout are so incredibly diverse in their individual characteristics, markings and colors… even within the same species. That’s been evident with all the photos shown of them by folks here, and on the ”other” forum over the years.

This little Cutthroat was caught on a trip I took a few hundred miles east of here awhile back, and stands out as probably the prettiest trout that I remember catching.

Show us the prettiest one you’ve caught. Big, small, crummy photo … it doesn’t matter, let’s see ‘em.View attachment 90248
Greg, that's a perfect work of art, half by human hands, half by God's hands. Love it!