So I finally bought a boat...

dep

Steelhead
when you say Scotty mounts, is that for down riggers?
if so, we should talk as I am looking at some scotty downriggers with swivel bases.
I don't need the down riggers. just the swivel mounts.
maybe we can put a deal together.

dp

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
when you say Scotty mounts, is that for down riggers?
if so, we should talk as I am looking at some scotty downriggers with swivel bases.
I don't need the down riggers. just the swivel mounts.
maybe we can put a deal together.

dp
No, I mean mounts for rodholders/fishfinder and whatnot. One mini downrigger came with the boat and I can't imagine needing more than that given that I've never used a downrigger even once in my life.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Congrats Josh!

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Congrats Josh. Best day for ya. Next best day is when you sell that F’er. (So the saying goes). I’m sure you’ll have many good days on her.

dep

Steelhead
No, I mean mounts for rodholders/fishfinder and whatnot. One mini downrigger came with the boat and I can't imagine needing more than that given that I've never used a downrigger even once in my life.
cool. enjoy the boat

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Congrats! Despite some bumps in the road and random aggravations, boats are great and well worth it. Good luck in your future adventures!

EmergingFisher

Life of the Party
Just stumbled on this through the trailer bearing thread…anyway just took my 12 foot Duroboat out for the first time in a looong time (trailer title issue, whole thing). These are great boats, enjoy!

Rod holder - these from Scotty https://scotty.com/product/248-oarlock-mount/ look perfect for mounting, and on the size of the boat they are perfectly placed with the oar locks. I haven’t bought one yet, but made my own free version with a piece of wood, long bolt, and “regular” base. Will probably get these at some point.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Rod holder - these from Scotty https://scotty.com/product/248-oarlock-mount/ look perfect for mounting, and on the size of the boat they are perfectly placed with the oar locks. I haven’t bought one yet, but made my own free version with a piece of wood, long bolt, and “regular” base. Will probably get these at some point.
Funny, I just picked up one of those last week! Have not tried it yet.

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
Funny, I just picked up one of those last week! Have not tried it yet.
I have a pair for my boat. I like them.

I also have a mount that clamps onto the gunnel.

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Starvin Sam's on Slater on the way to Terrell has non ethanol gas.
Bolt your out board on in addition to pad locks if you keep it on the boat outside. It makes it more difficult to steal.
I'm glad you got a boat.
The other 4 stroke lake has good bass fishing too for both species particularly SMB.

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
That boat looks perfect for the lakes around Anacortes...... Outboards are nefarious. A brand new 9.9 hp would turn that boat into a completely different experience. Those puppies are pricey as hell,.... but with a solid hull and with a new, modern motor that boat would be "turn key " for the next ten years. I've had plenty of boats. The feeling of a freshly re-powered vessel is one of the best experiences that a man can have. If you can experience that feeling from a 9.9 hp motor...well..... Christmas ????