Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

RgcLO

Freshly Spawned
I’ve been building my wading staffs for a few years now, shipping them worldwide, and making some great friends along the way. Fishers seem to like them, so I thought I’d offer them for sale here as well.
The heart of the staff is the extremely durable, heavy-guage 6061 marine-grade aluminum tubing and machined inserts. A unique practical feature of the staff is that all other components: the grip, and bungee cord are easily found in most hardware stores, The tips are rubber tire valve stems..Yes, tire valve stems... They are very durable, don't get stuck between boulders, are found in any automotive store and. in fact, I could not have designed a better rubber tip. This allows the staff to be totally self-maintainable, and virtually able to withstand a lifetime of use. The hammer loop holster has proven to be the perfect holster, allowing the staff to be easily deployed, or replaced, with one hand.
The staff comes with a nylon wrist strap and stainless ring just below the grip for clipping onto a retractor to let it hang extended. At 1 lb 10 ozs, it is solid, and built to last.

I build each staff to your preferred length, or can recommend a length to suit your height.
Rule of thumb for height/length: 5’5” - 5’7” = 51”, 5'8" - 5'10" = 52", 5'11" - 6' 2" = 53", 6'3" - 6'5"= 54-56". A good measure is to top of waders with boots on.

Price is $110 + $20 (shipping in NA) = $130 usd total.

Please pm for further information.

View attachment 4276View attachment 75149View attachment 75150
Good morning Herkileez. Are you still building these staffs? If so, how can i purchase one?

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
when I received mine, first thought was 'damn, this thing is beefy".
then the first time I used it to cross the river in fairly fast water, I thought 'hell yes, this thing is beefy'
:)

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have another round of Riverstick staffs ready to be built to your length preference.
Price is $110 usd plus shipping.

Please pm for details.

riverstick tv 1.jpg

riverstick tv 5.jpg

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I thought I didn’t need a wading staff, until I learned I did fishing an S river solo in Jan/Feb. Filled my waders right above a log jam—it was a whole thing.

So I got a name-brand one. I’m above-average height, so it was too short. It also broke under normal use.

Got one of the Riversticks custom-sized for me, and I'm pretty sure if I met an angry grizzly in the wilds, wel… the next person to come along would find it in perfect condition. It's extremely durable and for me a great balance between size and portability.

Last edited:

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The cheapo one I am using right now likes to stretch out on me when I get it just right in between rocks.

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Another round ready to be built to your preferred length.
Price is now $120 plus $20 shipping (in NA) = $140 usd. ( my aluminum prices have nearly doubled since my last increase 6 years ago...so its time...)
Please pm for details.