Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’ve been building my wading staffs for a few years now, shipping them worldwide, and making some great friends along the way. Fishers seem to like them, so I thought I’d offer them for sale here as well.
The heart of the staff is the extremely durable, heavy-guage 6061 marine-grade aluminum tubing and machined inserts. A unique practical feature of the staff is that all other components: the grip, and bungee cord are easily found in most hardware stores, The tips are rubber tire valve stems..Yes, tire valve stems... They are very durable, don't get stuck between boulders, are found in any automotive store and. in fact, I could not have designed a better rubber tip. This allows the staff to be totally self-maintainable, and virtually able to withstand a lifetime of use. The hammer loop holster has proven to be the perfect holster, allowing the staff to be easily deployed, or replaced, with one hand.
The staff comes with a nylon wrist strap and stainless ring just below the grip for clipping onto a retractor to let it hang extended. At 1 lb 10 ozs, it is solid, and built to last.

I build each staff to your preferred length, or can recommend a length to suit your height.
Rule of thumb for height/length: 5’5” - 5’7” = 51”, 5'8" - 5'10" = 52", 5'11" - 6' 2" = 53", 6'3" - 6'5"= 54-56". A good measure is to top of waders with boots on.

Price is $110 + $20 (shipping in NA) = $130 usd total.

Please pm for further information.

riverstick cast 1 - Copy.jpgriverstick tv 1.jpgriverstick tv 4.jpg

Last edited:

Dekartes

Kill Pebble Permanently
I have watched the thread on the other site for some time. I want one. What's your Paypal? I think erring on a little longer would be best, right? I'm right at 5/11 with boots on. 53". I think I want to get one for me elderly dad for just walking too. Anyone use it like this? He uses an REI stick right now, but this he could keep handy easier I think.

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have watched the thread on the other site for some time. I want one. What's your Paypal? I think erring on a little longer would be best, right? I'm right at 5/11 with boots on. 53". I think I want to get one for me elderly dad for just walking too. Anyone use it like this? He uses an REI stick right now, but this he could keep handy easier I think.
PM sent

FYI: These are heavier than a regular hiking stick...designed to sink for easier use in the river. I have done one for a fellow (disabled vet) who needed an extra strong foldable stick to help him in and out of his vehicle. He is quite happy with it.

Last edited:

castsN2trees

The fish are calling...
Forum Supporter
I've been using your wading staff for a couple years now....it has hundreds of miles of river on it by now....I kept busting through the rubber stoppers on the bottom...and after replacing them several times, I just use it with out the stopper..... but it's still going strong

Contrast this with a commercial wading staff that I bought from a local fly shop and broke within the first 6wks...

this is an awesome product

Roadglideguy

"Spawned and so done"
I have purchased two of these staffs over the last few years... one for myself and one for a friend. I had two other name brand ones break on me, one of which could have ended up killing me. These are Rock solid and he is a great guy. If you're thinking about it do not hesitate.

Sturubu

Smolt
I got one for my dad (upper 70's), and he carries it often. Sounds like it has been great for steadying himself and handy when getting off the ground on those planned and unexpected occasions, if you know what I mean. It is super handy to just hang off a belt for those just-in-case moments!

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Just got my staff and already I’ve enjoyed it far more than I’d thought. It’s great in flows, and I feel like I can wade like a grizzly, but a side benefit is the ability to quickly recover snagged flies. Stuck on rocks? Use the staff to loosen them and set it free. Fly in a tree? Similar story.

Very nice, very stout staff. And unlike collapsible staffs, it won’t collapse when you put weight on it.

10/10, definitely a great value.

Last edited:
I've been using your wading staff for a couple years now....it has hundreds of miles of river on it by now....I kept busting through the rubber stoppers on the bottom...and after replacing them several times, I just use it with out the stopper..... but it's still going strong

Contrast this with a commercial wading staff that I bought from a local fly shop and broke within the first 6wks...

this is an awesome product
Have you tried dropping an aluminum washer (just slightly smaller than the rubber tip inside diameter) into the rubber tip before installing it? I found this helped with my wading staff.

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Have you tried dropping an aluminum washer (just slightly smaller than the rubber tip inside diameter) into the rubber tip before installing it? I found this helped with my wading staff.
I always put a 3/4" o.d. plated steel washer in each of the rubber tips, o/wise the tubing will cut right through.

Dblhaul

Just Hatched
Great wading staff, It has saved me from a few stumbles. Well built, easy to use and the pieces don't stick.
I use a HD walking cane rubber tip with a washer in it and the tip has been holding up great.

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
After having mine for some time now I can say I kind of feel dumb for not getting one sooner. Great for checking depth before a step in a glacial river. I weigh 195 and can put my entire weight onto it, it makes me feel more sure footed so I can get around quicker. Works as it's supposed to every time.