Puget Sound

Divad

Whitefish
For those on the ferry consistently are you buying a ticket each time at $40 round trip, the monthly pack or is there another option I’m missing?

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
For those on the ferry consistently are you buying a ticket each time at $40 round trip, the monthly pack or is there another option I’m missing?
Multi-use pass, or have a buddy pick you up on the other side.

WonderBrad

Steelhead
Well I have a canoe, a hobie Mirage Kayak, and livingston boat. I have a wheel cart. The issue for me is boating in the sound. My Grandfather fished point no point everyday in an 8 foot livingston. Some days no problem, other days we were sure he would not return...

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Well I have a canoe, a hobie Mirage Kayak, and livingston boat. I have a wheel cart. The issue for me is boating in the sound. My Grandfather fished point no point everyday in an 8 foot livingston. Some days no problem, other days we were sure he would not return...
Windy is an awesome app.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Wife and I did a nice little day trip yesterday, and I fished a new to me beach for a bit. Sporadic cloud cover, a nice rip, but not much activity.
Went one for one on Shiner Perch, but had to release it unharmed as I’d snagged it!

Nice evening on the beach though.

IMG_6137.jpeg

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Fished the beach again this morning (before the heat & sun build in). Cool and partly cloudy with a light breeze. Baby herring 2" kept the coho feeding near the beach, and waves of pink salmon were leaping on the outside. August fishing has been bountiful.
20230811_111053.jpg
I finished 7 for 10 with resident coho (2 - 3.5 pounders) and 5 for 6 on pink salmon. Bonked a 3 pound rezzie for the BBQ.

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Headed out for a half day solo outing.

First stop I went 0-5 during a 30 minute window early then the salad moved in and the current just never seemed to do much.

Made a run into the land of the humpy and and spent the next few hours with plenty of action. Also managed one hot hatchery coho during this period.

Headed back and stopped at one more location where I haven't fished in a handful of years, and ended up hooking another half dozen pinks, landing 4 of them.

Off the water by 1. I kinda dig getting out solo once in a while

View attachment 77197View attachment 77198View attachment 77199
Well Nick if you get bored in your solitude give me a shout :)
Dave

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
5 coho and 4 pinks in a short morning session before a rod failure ended my day.
The rod failure probably wouldn’t have happened if I’d put my ocean coho leader on correctly. 😉😂
SF

IMG_4401.jpegIMG_4402.jpegIMG_4403.jpegIMG_4405.jpeg

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Uh oh... what happened to the rod?

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Uh oh... what happened to the rod?

Snapped in half right in the middle of the third section. Not near either ferrule. Second time I’ve busted it in the past five months. Hadn’t broken a rod for a long time before that. Having a golden retriever stomp it with excitement while I was landing a searun cutt awhile ago probably didn’t help the rods cause. It’s been clouseratized a few times as well.
SF

Divad

Whitefish
I hope it’s not a Sage or else you won’t get a replacement until next summer. Middle of third section smells like dumbbell eyes not that I’d know…

Nice fish though especially that last one. Oh shoot, I see it’s a Sage 😯

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Snapped in half right in the middle of the third section. Not near either ferrule. Second time I’ve busted it in the past five months. Hadn’t broken a rod for a long time before that. Having a golden retriever stomp it with excitement while I was landing a searun cutt awhile ago probably didn’t help the rods cause. It’s been clouseratized a few times as well.
SF
Sorry about your rod. I got so traumatized about flies hitting my rod, I started lowering it to horizontal on the forward cast. Open loops! Who cares, it's the ocean...

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
SF
Clouserized, I love that word. I did that to a 9wt T&T that I'd borrowed from a guide. It was like a knife through butter; 'click' and a 1 piece instantly became an uneven 2 piece...The fucker claimed it wasn't under warranty and it ended up costing us $300, this was in Dubai mind you where everything comes in at a very high price, except the gas.

Dave

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Worked from 4:30 am to 9:30 am, then hit a beach for the incoming. 5-8 overall. 1 adult but smallish resident coho that came home and 4 pinks. Not a pluck for the first 2.5 hours on a proven beach with great looking water. Then thick pods of pinks rolled in with hookups or plucks happening with pretty much every pod within casting distance for the last hour I fished. The rezzie caught was part of the mix. Good sized pinks though. One even got me on the reel.

Typical size. Caught one that was bigger as well.
IMG_2991.jpeg

No hate for a fish that chews up my fingers like this. That said, I was casting and stripping for 2+ hours in saltwater before the first pink ripped me up a bit. Forgot my tape…again.

IMG_2992.jpeg

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
She’s washed, oil changed and pissing. I’ll fish the beaches tomorrow before work as well as Friday afternoon but this weekend, the goal is to take the shine of those decks with some coho blood and pink slime for the first time this season….weather permitting.

View attachment 77136

Edit:….and yes @Kfish, the boat keys are already in my truck and the plugs are already in ;).
I'll start stretching my netting arm now.

DKL

Steelhead
A few years ago I ditched the tape for the elastic finger sleeves you can get at the drugstore. They last a long time if you don’t lose them. I’m on the original package I bought a few years ago. I think the line goes over it easier than the tape too.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Always loved a good relief map. In this case comic relief.
1691807845476.png
1691807894551.png
Solid beach art....respect to whomever did/added to this one:
1691807935917.png
Harbor porpoise
1691808000118.png
2/4 pinks, 6 cutts, one perch, one resident coho. Pinks and cutts caught on both a pink fly and a non pink fly, though the cutts far preferred the non pink. It was cool to fish a site where SRC and salmon were overlapping, plus a new-to-me spot, and no crowds

Last edited: