Puget Sound

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
3 for 3 this morning. One coho, one silver and one heading for the beach pig.
SF
View attachment 79292

The ultimate truffle pig is on the run. One man's mission to grate locally sourced truffles onto his resident coho is in jeopardy. Hog quest takes on an all new definition.

Wiznet

Steelhead
Seemingly a horrible start to my morning with my truck bed cover closing and breaking my fly rod on the way to the beach. However I was determined to fish and strung up a 8 wt rod with my 6 wt line. Proceeded to have some of the best fishing I’ve had with 15 pinks landed and a few lost. Really made up for my broken sage. Does anyone have experience with sage warranty?

63F345D1-8B4F-4A98-B216-B06B1CFB2C34.jpeg48AA28B0-7C04-412E-875D-4DE898A818DD.jpeg44099181-5AEF-438E-84E3-E274864C0BF3.jpeg

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
I just sent in my Redington Link 8wt that I broke this week. It said 10-12 weeks on the repair request form. Good excuse for me to buy a backup...lol.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
1693084525263.png
Was intending to do the Spokane street thing, but launch site was popping, plus Matt B was there and nailing fish, and the Gritty D was producing just fine for everyone, fun morning, weird sky there for a bit
1693084653758.png
Lots of pinks on fly one flounder on gear. Gear caught with the "benign neglect technique" . My son's 21st yesterday, this was our time to celebrate, he got to land all the fish....

Attachments

• 1693084485976.png
    1693084485976.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

KFCDAVE

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
2/2 one pretty decent sized hatchery coho and one colored up pink that I released. Witnessed a gear fisherman bring in a monster coho. I’m not the best at estimating weight but I got a pretty good look at it and my guess is it was 10lbs +
IMG_2116.jpeg

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
2 for 3 on silvers and coho. No pinks were harmed as my humpy repellent patterns worked satisfactorily. 😉
Kept a non exceptional rezzie for someone’s dinner.
Way too bright and hot for my liking.
SF

IMG_4521.jpegIMG_4518.jpeg

Wiznet

Steelhead
View attachment 79480
Was intending to do the Spokane street thing, but launch site was popping, plus Matt B was there and nailing fish, and the Gritty D was producing just fine for everyone, fun morning, weird sky there for a bit
View attachment 79481
Lots of pinks on fly one flounder on gear. Gear caught with the "benign neglect technique" . My son's 21st yesterday, this was our time to celebrate, he got to land all the fish....
How do the kayaks do out there? I’ve got a small inflatable one I’ve been thinking about launching there lol

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hit the late morning incoming 10:30 - 12:30, really good fishing for an hour and a half till the sun came full blazing out, prior it was nice cloud deck and some drizzle. Went 5/5 on the same pattern with a few missed grabs. I think 3 residents and 2 pinks but dam sometimes hard to tell, all released.

In the pics below which are pinks vs coho ?? I have my suspicions but would like some validation.View attachment 79331View attachment 79332View attachment 79333View attachment 79334
The quickest way to identify a pink for me is to look for oval spots on the tail. They are unique to them

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
How do the kayaks do out there? I’ve got a small inflatable one I’ve been thinking about launching there lol
I probably would not do in a small inflatable kayak. I like a big stable monster that tracks clean and can run an anchor trolley safely. If you try, wear a life jacket, there is legit marine traffic and dudes who gun through there.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Tempted by the thought of big coho up north, but decided to take it easy and hit the local pink bottleneck.

If you want to hear a maximum of different languages spoken, head to SeaTac international arrivals or your local urban humpy beach!
2D4F3C5D-04BC-4366-B2D4-6F3D2EC7D90F.jpeg

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
40555880-EAE3-4175-953D-F9989C47C4F3.jpeg

0/1 at my backyard beach last night, felt like a small fish but could I haven’t hooked enough small fish to be able to distinguish a snag going downstream. I could barely have asked for a better evening. Walking down I saw a pod of Porpoises surfacing in the evening sun. When I got to the beach I could not count how many fish I saw jumping. Not just the Humpy’s out of casting reach, but tons of very pretty Cutthroat, salmon smolt, and baitfish also came out to play. As the sun went down several Cutthroat came close to casting reach and of course that’s when my cast fell apart and hooked me in the back of the head.

This beach is where I fell in love with fishing again by casting spoons and spinners for Cutthroat. It was the first fishery I learned without information online holding my hand through it. I had a ton of fun testing different lures and figuring out what the fish wanted that day. It was cool to see how one lure could be hot one hour and another the next. Interesting enough, I caught the most fish casting salmon sized blue foxes and Lil Cleos with downsized hooks in the Fall, and one Cutthroat on a Jakes Spin a Lure in the Summer. I took a large Stinger Pink Clouser expecting this pattern to be mirrored on the fly pole, but while I assume the few pinks that were in casting distance just weren’t interested, I wonder if I should try downsizing for the Cutty. I regret not coming out here through August, I am fairly certain that if I fished after work several times a week, I probably would have landed a pink, especially if I took a casting spoon or a rotator. Still plenty of fish around, I’ll have to keep coming out