March Madness

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I wanted UCLA or Houston to Win It all. Since those two boats sunk, I have to go with FAU.

RCF

Life of the Party
That was a very hard game to watch. Sad way to end a season too. It will be remembered for a long time...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I dunno, I think the idea might have been to pass and immediately shoot, hoping to draw the 3 pt fowl, didn't work out though. I find it hard to blame Nowell, he's the only reason they were where they were.

No cheers, well, OK, begrrudgingly cheers to FAU
If your play is to draw a 3 point foul to tie the game, that's a pretty poor play design plus there was no urgency in Nowell's part.

Btw, I said that it was a horrible decision all around, not that he didn't get them there. Did you watch the last 8 seconds of that game?

I'm impartial, while you're all about "the best passer since Magic"

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Uconn and Texas should be interesting.
2 best teams in the tourney. Texas has been dominant also.
Uconn looking unstoppable though.
Winner of that smokes the other side of the bracket.

Cool to see 9s, 5s, and 6s scrap for the championship though.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Yes, I watched the final 8 seconds and the rest of the game, and the game before that, and the game before that. I not be impartial, as I was rooting for K-state, but yes, I stand by the best passer I have seen in the college game since Magic Johnson; 31 assists in the last 2 games (19 - a record, on Thursday night, 12 last night), many of them "must see" passes through traffic. My point was, I think it's hard to say he set his teammate up to fail ("total setup for failure on that last play") when a huge part of his game is centered around setting his teammates up to succeed; I just thought that was a little harsh.

But, I got no beef, that's just my opinion.

Cheers

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Don’t overlook San Diego
They can play it up with anyone
Just need to shoot better from the perimeter

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Yes, I watched the final 8 seconds and the rest of the game, and the game before that, and the game before that. I not be impartial, as I was rooting for K-state, but yes, I stand by the best passer I have seen in the college game since Magic Johnson; 31 assists in the last 2 games (19 - a record, on Thursday night, 12 last night), many of them "must see" passes through traffic. My point was, I think it's hard to say he set his teammate up to fail ("total setup for failure on that last play") when a huge part of his game is centered around setting his teammates up to succeed; I just thought that was a little harsh.

But, I got no beef, that's just my opinion.

Cheers
Great, now I'm going to be "gotta get the last word in" guy....😆

He nonchalantly threw a guy right into a double team with 3 seconds left 30'+ from the basket. So yeah, a setup for failure.
That's the last word! 😆

Last edited:

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I guess it's just me but I had to cheer for a west coast team. So far so good. Go Aztecs.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Go UConn!!!

If they win, it would be National Championship number 5, tied for fourth all time with Duke and Indiana. Only North Carolina (6), Kentucky (8) and UCLA (11) have more.

Not counting my chickens before they hatch but that would be pretty impressive. Especially considering what realignment due to football has put that program through the last 10 years.

Reactions: Zak

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Go UConn!!!

If they win, it would be National Championship number 5, tied for fourth all time with Duke and Indiana. Only North Carolina (6), Kentucky (8) and UCLA (11) have more.

Not counting my chickens before they hatch but that would be pretty impressive. Especially considering what realignment due to football has put that program through the last 10 years.
They are the odds on favorite…but I’m rooting for the underdog…

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
... Sitting on the bench with 3 fouls ...