March Madness

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I always enjoy the tournament.
5-12 seed games always seem to be entertaining.
No real great teams this year in my opinion. Looking forward to it.
Too bad our local team sucks. I’d have to think they’ll have a new coach next year.
SF

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Jayhawks may have blown their overall #1 with an uninspired loss to Texas yesterday. That would have put them in the midwest any playing in Kansas City, which would be pretty sweet. Still will be a #1 seed, just maybe not in as friendly a location; we'll see. Would be great to see a repeat, pretty hard to do though with the way teams turnover these days. Jayhawks lost 70% of last years scoring. Sort of surprising they were able to win their 21st Big 12 title, and 17th under Bill Self; toughest conference in the country.

Rock Chalk!!!

Cheers

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Jayhawks may have blown their overall #1 with an uninspired loss to Texas yesterday.

Brian is spot on! No great teams this year and lots of parody. Alabama loses yesterday, Houston has a tough game today at Memphis. I think Kansas can still hold on to the overall number 1 seed as they by far have the most Quad 1 wins. UCLA probably played their way into a 1 (and bumped Purdue down to the 2 line) by beating AZ last night. The Pac 12 tourney is theirs to lose so I don't expect that to change. Jaylen Clark's injury status will be huge.

Purdue will have to win today and probably make it to the B1G tournament final to regain a shot at a 1. In classic Purdue fashion, they have played their way out of a top seed so far. The B1G has been especially brutal this year and teams have under performed in March Madness for the last several years. My theory is that the style of play during the season leaves not much in the tank at the end.

Bring on March Madness!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Jayhawks may have blown their overall #1 with an uninspired loss to Texas yesterday. That would have put them in the midwest any playing in Kansas City, which would be pretty sweet. Still will be a #1 seed, just maybe not in as friendly a location; we'll see. Would be great to see a repeat, pretty hard to do though with the way teams turnover these days. Jayhawks lost 70% of last years scoring. Sort of surprising they were able to win their 21st Big 12 title, and 17th under Bill Self; toughest conference in the country.

Rock Chalk!!!

Cheers
I watched that game...Longhorns are better than I thought...

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What's not to like about March Madness?

A blitz from the get-go with crazy upsets and a somewhat hectic thriller of an opening week.

Madness i tell ya!

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Springer?
We have one of those too.

GO TERPS!!! FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!
Yep - and she only pays attention to the TV when I am watching hoops. I'll be pulling for all the B1G schools in the tourney - it's time for the conference to make a good showing.

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
When I went to Maryland the Terps were still ACC. Nothing says B1G like Maryland and Rutgers.... sometimes I forget when watching the Acc-B1G tourney and am rooting for the ACC teams. But I'm coming around!
Here is George the wonder springer.

Attachments

• DBBD22AA- (1).jpg
    DBBD22AA- (1).jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 9

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
Go Sparties (in like a lion and out like a lamb)....LOL. Yes, I can make fun of my team.

And go Big Ten! May this not be a tournament of disappointment.

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Rock Chalk ... goin' for the repeat!

Cheers

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
When I went to Maryland the Terps were still ACC. Nothing says B1G like Maryland and Rutgers.... sometimes I forget when watching the Acc-B1G tourney and am rooting for the ACC teams. But I'm coming around!
Here is George the wonder springer.
I think Maryland and Rutgers have been great additions to the Big Ten. Rutgers got robbed when the committee left them out of the tournament. I hope they dominate the NIT.

Go Sparties (in like a lion and out like a lamb)....LOL. Yes, I can make fun of my team.

And go Big Ten! May this not be a tournament of disappointment.

I also make fun of my team - Purdue has had heartbreak after heartbreak (along with a lot of choking) in the NCAA Tournament. I am a little concerned that the Spartans are in the East... they've been playing much better of late.

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
That’s where my money is…Duke however has been on a tear and may be a sleeper…

I'm actually not that confident but sure am hoping. Watch out for Texas, they are playing really well and their defense is very impressive. I agree, Duke seems to be peaking and everyone is healthy.

cheers