Looking for Skagit River & Bulll Trout photos...

flybill

Life of the Party
Have caught a few but don't recall taking any pictures.. will dig through photos and check!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
7FE7D26E-5099-440F-9D08-ABFBB2582ECB.jpeg
6E58C691-EBD0-49E3-88A8-C9C9972625DD.jpeg
Had to search for the photos, but very much remember catching this November Skagit fish. It only shows a bit on the tighter fish face shot above, but I have always liked how bull char have a sort of equivalent to a cutthroat’s “throat slash,” except it’s gray.

Smalma

Life of the Party
Wow!!
Some great photos that certainly at to the article. I just hope that the text comes close to living up to the quality of photos chosen!

Thanks to all that submitted shared their photos.

As currently as envisioned the article will consist of 5 short "chapters " each of 1 to 2 typed pages of text, easy to read bites. if you will. The first 3 chapters (the early years, the spawn, and the repeats) deals with their basic biology and behaviors. The 4th chapter will deal with the question whether the Skagit (at least those below the dams) are bull trout or Dolly Varden and how the developing science help unravel that mystery. The final chapter is for me and givens me a chance to revisit and share with you a few of the bull trout I have encountered in what I call "the cool bulls".

The first 2 chapters are in the hands of our leaders, and I have drafts of the other 3 and if this crappy weather continues, I hope to complete them in a few days.

Curt

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Wow!!
Some great photos that certainly at to the article. I just hope that the text comes close to living up to the quality of photos chosen!

As currently as envisioned the article will consist of 5 short "chapters " each of 1 to 2 typed pages of text, easy to read bites. if you will. The first 3 chapters (the early years, the spawn, and the repeats) deals with their basic biology and behaviors. The 4th chapter will deal with the question whether the Skagit (at least those below the dams) are bull trout or Dolly Varden and how the developing science help unravel that mystery. The final chapter is for me and givens me a chance to revisit and share with you a few of the bull trout I have encountered in what I call "the cool bulls".

The first 2 chapters are in the hands of our leaders, and I have drafts of the other 3 and if this crappy weather continues, I hope to complete them in a few days.

Curt
Oh man, sign me up. Looks like I'm going to need to plan a trip north 🤷‍♂️

MarshRat

Steelhead
Wow!!

Curt
Looking forward to it!

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Atta Boy (y)

I chose to hit a lake, thinking since the river was a bit high the viz would suck. Guess I over thought it again cuz it looks fine in your photo.

Good call on your part….musta been fun

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Atta Boy (y)

I chose to hit a lake, thinking since the river was a bit high the viz would suck. Guess I over thought it again cuz it looks fine in your photo.

Good call on your part….musta been fun
Had a buddy send me a picture last night, wasnt mud so off I went! I could see my feet in thigh deep water but not waist deep.