Looking for Skagit River & Bulll Trout photos...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Howdy all. We've got an awesome article series coming up from @Smalma on bull trout (specifically Skagit River bulls) that is an update of his article from a decade ago we used to read on the old site.

But we need some images to include with all of the great info. So, if you've got photos of the Skagit river generally or Skagit bull trout specifically and dont mind them being included in the article, post them here! We'll pick a few to include. Meanwhile, this thread will just be a nice tribute to an amazing river and native fish.

And yes yes, if you have a non-skagit river north puget sound river bull photo, feel free to post it as well. Same with BC. Oregon bulls and their crazy coloring need not apply. As awesome as they are, it's a little too far afield for this article series.

EDIT to share the published articles...

Chapter One:

Last edited:

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'm all ears if anyone wants to write a similar article for OR bulls...

Then we can have a snobby "flashy chrome WA bulls not invited" thread.
Oregon Bulls are basically the same as Great Lakes Steelhead. In comparison to Skagit bulls........I kid I kid.

Last edited:

Doublebluff

As sure as your sorrows are joys
Forum Supporter
Are these trout from the Skagit Bull Trout or Dolly Varden? I thought Skagit-sourced fish would be Dollys. Maybe it depends on where you are at in the watershed? Help me understand the difference.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Oregon bulls and their crazy coloring need not apply.
Washington bull here; "Don't hate on me 'cause I'm pretty or from the wrong side of the tracks". Personally I dig the silver gray ones too. Looking forward to the writeup.

Attachments

• 20211002_bul2 (2).jpg
    20211002_bul2 (2).jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Are these trout from the Skagit Bull Trout or Dolly Varden? I thought Skagit-sourced fish would be Dollys. Maybe it depends on where you are at in the watershed? Help me understand the difference.
If only there was an article series!

Joking aside, they are bull trout.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Awesome photos so far.

Don't forget that any photos of the Skagit river would be cool too.