Idiots and fireworks.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I have some questionable neighbors, some of which fit DC’s template. But. Turns out, I’m in Hawaii this 4th. I guess they get their own natural fireworks here. Been here half a day and haven’t heard a one. Best part is, I have somebody back at the house watching things and hanging with the dog. The dog actually doesn’t care about fireworks at all, so far as I can tell. Lucky that way, I reckon.

P.s. The father of the questionable neighbor told me it wouldn’t be an issue anymore after I had words one 4th (kind words...well, I started off super kind) a few years back, as shrapnel rained down upon me and my guests and my house. Egregious.

But yeah, I was a teenage pyromaniac.
There’s a song.

Attachments

• A22DE753-EEA7-4D01-B9A5-22A2B323FB24.jpeg
    A22DE753-EEA7-4D01-B9A5-22A2B323FB24.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 11

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I took the garbage out this morning. I found the remains of rockets in my yard. I just throw it back in the yard they came out of. We got rained on pretty heavy yesterday so You couldn't of started a fire with a Blow torch. Yeah. it was all adults playing with the fire starters.

I can't say I never played with fireworks as I did when I was a lot younger. But now I'm out of that stage. I don't think anybody in this area ever fishes, let alone Fly fishes.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have some questionable neighbors, some of which fit DC’s template. But. Turns out, I’m in Hawaii this 4th. I guess they get their own natural fireworks here. Been here half a day and haven’t heard a one. Best part is, I have somebody back at the house watching things and hanging with the dog. The dog actually doesn’t care about fireworks at all, so far as I can tell. Lucky that way, I reckon.

P.s. The father of the questionable neighbor told me it wouldn’t be an issue anymore after I had words one 4th (kind words...well, I started off super kind) a few years back, as shrapnel rained down upon me and my guests and my house. Egregious.

But yeah, I was a teenage pyromaniac.
There’s a song.

My favourite is the dude that is in his thirties, lives at home (in my neighbor's case his grandparents), has all the fireworks.. Can't compete in life so he spends his pay on fireworks. Juvenile. Oh well, I can now think nothing of tuning a motor at midnight if need be. "Oh that woke you up? Shit your adult manchild and his manchild friends had this place like a warzone for a week. I'm almost done. It should only get revved every hour on the hour after ten for another week." Manchild understands. Him and his buddies have those fast and furious fart in a can cars. Loud and slow. Clowns. Clowns with fireworks and clapped out civics.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I took the garbage out this morning. I found the remains of rockets in my yard. I just throw it back in the yard they came out of. We got rained on pretty heavy yesterday so You couldn't of started a fire with a Blow torch. Yeah. it was all adults playing with the fire starters.

I can't say I never played with fireworks as I did when I was a lot younger. But now I'm out of that stage. I don't think anybody in this area ever fishes, let alone Fly fishes.
We had a thunderstorm roll through our part of Grant County yesterday, the rumbling was constant for about a half hour until it started raining, then hailing, then a torrential downpour. It'll be hard to get a fireworks fire started today. Here's my "curmudgeonly" attitude, I hope all the PWC and wakeboard boats sank yesterday.

Last edited:

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
We had a thunderstorm roll through our part of Grant County yesterday, the rumbline was constant for about a half hour until it started raining, then hailing, then a torrential downpour. It'll be hard to get a fireworks fire started today. Here's my "curmudgeonly" attitude, I hope all the PWC and wakeboard boats sank yesterday.

How am I to listen to crappy low rate look at me rap when I fish then?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
We had a thunderstorm roll through our part of Grant County yesterday, the rumbling was constant for about a half hour until it started raining, then hailing, then a torrential downpour. It'll be hard to get a fireworks fire started today. Here's my "curmudgeonly" attitude, I hope all the PWC and wakeboard boats sank yesterday.
OK what is a PWC?
So with birds in the animal kingdom, the males are the most colorful and flashy to attract a mate, but with humans females are way better looking then males so does this explain the paint scheme on all wake board boats?

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
OK what is a PWC?
So with birds in the animal kingdom, the males are the most colorful and flashy to attract a mate, but with humans females are way better looking then males so does this explain the paint scheme on all wake board boats?
Personal Water Craft

aka, waterborne motorcycles

aka jet ski's

Wake board boats are just larger versions.

RCF

Life of the Party
I like fireworks a lot. They need to been shot off at the proper time, in the proper setting and done safely. I have taken courses provided by the state so I am certified to buy/store/light the bigger fireworks.

The neighborhood gathering spot has supervised lighting of fireworks. Obviously common sense does not always work. A few things I have observed recently:

A couple of years ago people lit a couple of canisters/mortars and put them on the ground without any tube. JFC!!!
A neighbor made one of those sparkler bombs. Put it on the ground away from people and lit it. It blew a 2' hole in his dad's boat!
People reuse tubes way too much. I have seen paper tubes and even fiberglass tubes blow up. Not a pretty sight.

I support the new restrictions on fireworks. I will miss them but safety and eliminating fires are more important...

Attachments

• 4th_1 - 1.JPG
    4th_1 - 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 4th_2 - 1.JPG
    4th_2 - 1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Zak

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
So the reservoir is run by the COE, and there are no fireworks signs everywhere. Someone used the sign as a launching pad, left the mess, and a 1/2 doz. roman candles in the lot. Unusual.
20220704_fireworks.jpg

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I don't think anybody in this area ever fishes, let alone Fly fishes.
I have a whole passel of Nephews & Great Nephews who would disagree with you, Jim ;)

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Rich beat me to it. I loathe the noisy things: I was poling my friends carp boat, we were just about in casting distance of two BIG carp when around the corner of Girl Scout Island come two PWC, full throttle, right off our bow. Unfortunately, DK had a Sage rod, not a Scott. Scott rods are known for being able to hook PWC and flip them, driver and all. The take away? Carp were spooked, gone for the day. Don't get me started on wake board boats. I might have to go set off a few firecrackers.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
They have been going off for the last 2 days here in Port Angeles. Kinda hard to figure. Just as you pull into town there is one of those portable highway department flashing warning signs programed to say "Attention: County fireworks ban enforced". 2 blocks later in an empty parking lot is a very large red, white and blue tent set up with brightly colored banners around it advertising "Fireworks For Sale." It is not the only temporary set up peddling explosives along the road. Perhaps the folks setting them off are not the only idiots.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I thought the greenies and forest managers say…”forest fires are good for the forests…it’s natural and we should let them burn.”

Sounds good to me… 🤦🏼‍♂️jk

As for fireworks, light ‘em if ya got ‘em.
But use some common sense and light ‘em at the appropriate time and setting.

They have been going off for three days now…tonight will be Little Beirut. 😳

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
It will all be over in another 12 hours