NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Friendly Greetings!

and responses that may get you punched in the face or never talked to again.

Hi! > "Man, not since the 70's."
Hello > "I got nuthin'"
How ya doin? > " mostly with my hands."
How is everything? > "I have infinite ignorance."
How is everything goin? > "electric is a big deal."
Hey! > "Alfalfa"
What's up? > "Well, there is the sky."
Good to see you! > "Optometrists are great!"
How are things? > "Somethings or nothings?"
How's life been treating you? > "Other than occasional kicks in the ass, okay."
What's crackin'? > " Not my nuts."
What's good? > "oysters"
Long time, No see. > " Bummer, do I look okay?"
It's been ages! > "I hope so."

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Friendly Greetings!

and responses that may get you punched in the face or never talked to again.

Hi! > "Man, not since the 70's."
Hello > "I got nuthin'"
How ya doin? > " mostly with my hands."
How is everything? > "I have infinite ignorance."
How is everything goin? > "electric is a big deal."
Hey! > "Alfalfa"
What's up? > "Well, there is the sky."
Good to see you! > "Optometrists are great!"
How are things? > "Somethings or nothings?"
How's life been treating you? > "Other than occasional kicks in the ass, okay."
What's crackin'? > " Not my nuts."
What's good? > "oysters"
Long time, No see. > " Bummer, do I look okay?"
It's been ages! > "I hope so."
And......How's it hanging? Like a bugle, wanna blow it?

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
Always fight a speeding ticket or any ticket for that matter. Easier said than done I know. I’ve definitely let a few slip by and just paid the fine due to inconveniences associated with the location and timing. I’ve gone to court and have had a few tickets dropped due to bad or incorrect paperwork by the LEO in charge. Treat yourself and go check out some potentially new fishing grounds afterwards. No matter what the outcome of the ticket is your winning cause you got to go fishing.

RCF

Life of the Party
I ran a red light (barely) in Renton and got hauled over. The officer asked me what color the light was. I said pink. Pink? I said a combination of red and yellow. By the time he stopped laughing he let me go with a verbal warning. When he was departing he said 'I can't wait to tell the guys at the station'.

Humor works ---> sometimes...

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Round-a-bouts. Some of them are large and have a yellow line at the curb to (allegedly) keep you from driving on the center section. Some of them are not big enough to allow a tractor trailer to use them without their trailer going over the center section. These smaller ones do not have the yellow stripe to keep you out of the median and are a very gently sloped curb. One in particular in Sedro Woolley is a pretty tight circle and trucks rarely even try to do much turning. The median is black from all the tire tracks. I got in the habit of driving over the median if there was little to no traffic right after it went in.

So one day I'm spotted doing this by a deputy and get pulled over. He comes up to the window and tells me he pulled me over because I drove over the median. "Those big trucks do it all the time!" He takes a step back looks to his left at the front of my RAM single cab 1500, and then looks down the length of my truck and then looks at me. "This ain't no big truck."

Well, he kinda had me there..."Don't let me see you do it again."
"No problem."
The next time through is when I noticed there is no yellow line around it. So...I'm awaiting our next encounter.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Round-a-bouts. Some of them are large and have a yellow line at the curb to (allegedly) keep you from driving on the center section. Some of them are not big enough to allow a tractor trailer to use them without their trailer going over the center section. These smaller ones do not have the yellow stripe to keep you out of the median and are a very gently sloped curb. One in particular in Sedro Woolley is a pretty tight circle and trucks rarely even try to do much turning. The median is black from all the tire tracks. I got in the habit of driving over the median if there was little to no traffic right after it went in.

So one day I'm spotted doing this by a deputy and get pulled over. He comes up to the window and tells me he pulled me over because I drove over the median. "Those big trucks do it all the time!" He takes a step back looks to his left at the front of my RAM single cab 1500, and then looks down the length of my truck and then looks at me. "This ain't no big truck."

Well, he kinda had me there..."Don't let me see you do it again."
"No problem."
The next time through is when I noticed there is no yellow line around it. So...I'm awaiting our next encounter.
I always turn round-abouts into strait-abouts, if there's no traffic. This is Murica not Europe.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Island hopping?
The ones around here have a slightly raised and angled brick or cement 'buffer' around the center island that's about the same width as a lane. It's a bit bumpy but you can straighten out your lane pretty good by launching over that.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Just FYI, those are called “Mountable Curbs” and are engineered to be strong enough to withstand loaded semi trucks that have a large turning radius. Not that it matters.
Not sure why you’d want to drive a car or small truck straight over them. To prove something?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Just FYI, those are called “Mountable Curbs” and are engineered to be strong enough to withstand loaded semi trucks. Not that it matters.
Not sure why you’d want to drive a car or small truck straight over them.
I figured it was for trucks, cops in a hurry or something along those lines.