NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

ABITNF

Steelhead
It is funny how time flies when your having fun.
I'm not having any success in finding the funny part although it is still fun I guess. But to add insult to injury, all my older friends keep sending me those emails that contain montages of those "good old days" with the muscle cars, and sock hops, and pretty girls with bob-cut hair, and Steve McQueen with a girl and a hot car, and Audrey Hepburn who's waist I swear must have been only 16 inches around, and drive-in theatres, and BB guns, and the Beatles and stuff like that. I can only smile to myself when I tell the youngsters that I know, "these are your good old days".

They look at me like I'm from the moon.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm not having any success in finding the funny part although it is still fun I guess. But to add insult to injury, all my older friends keep sending me those emails that contain montages of those "good old days" with the muscle cars, and sock hops, and pretty girls with bob-cut hair, and Steve McQueen with a girl and a hot car, and Audrey Hepburn who's waist I swear must have been only 16 inches around, and drive-in theatres, and BB guns, and the Beatles and stuff like that. I can only smile to myself when I tell the youngsters that I know, "these are your good old days".

They look at me like I'm from the moon.

You are just proving to them the stereotypes are truer every day that passes.

ABITNF

Steelhead
You are just proving to them the stereotypes are truer every day that passes.
Do you think? I think a lot people think their good old days are long past. I'm not saying this life now isn't pretty damn good because it is. But things change. It's a simple fact. I have 3 grandsons that I wonder what things will be like for them in 60 years. My father was born in 1907. Mom just passed at 99. They saw a lot of change. But, this is a humour thread so I'll leave it at that.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Do you think? I think a lot people think their good old days are long past. I'm not saying this life now isn't pretty damn good because it is. But things change. It's a simple fact. I have 3 grandsons that I wonder what things will be like for them in 60 years. My father was born in 1907. Mom just passed at 99. They saw a lot of change. But, this is a humour thread so I'll leave it at that.
My response above was intended to be humor as in with a wink. As the phenomenon of “elders” referring to the good old days repeats generation after generation with similar response…cue the eyeroll…and no mom my eyes never got stuck that way. My Mom is 97.

cdnred

Life of the Party
screenshot_20230201_115150_facebook-jpg.881454

BriGuy

Life of the Party
That way when he hits something, he can be safely ejected from the truck... of course to be crushed by a few tons of logs... :cool:
I also suspect he's slightly exceeding the GWVR of his truck. Other than that and no seat belt, I don't see much of a problem. Carry on.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My response above was intended to be humor as in with a wink. As the phenomenon of “elders” referring to the good old days repeats generation after generation with similar response…cue the eyeroll…and no mom my eyes never got stuck that way. My Mom is 97.
This happened 20 years ago but I still tell this cute story at times. I asked a youngster how old he was and he said six and a half. I said well, I'm sixty and a half. His eyes got big and he said Whoa! That was the first time I felt old.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
This happened 20 years ago but I still tell this cute story at times. I asked a youngster how old he was and he said six and a half. I said well, I'm sixty and a half. His eyes got big and he said Whoa! That was the first time I felt old.
Crap. I'll be sixty and a half in a couple of months. Thanks for making me feel old now. :cry:

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
"This happened 20 years ago but I still tell this cute story at times. I asked a youngster how old he was and he said six and a half. I said well, I'm sixty and a half. His eyes got big and he said Whoa! That was the first time I felt old."
Crap. I'll be sixty and a half in a couple of months. Thanks for making me feel old now. :cry:
You sixty year old kids make me laugh......:LOL:

Reminds me of a story:
My (then) 5 yr old granddaughter was looking for a new puppy. I said " Maybe I should look for one too." With no hesitation, she said "No papa, you won't live long enough." (She's outta the will...:oops: )

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
My grandkids, when they were little, always nagged me to play video games. I always declined, saying I was no good at them.

Finally gave into the nagging one day and took a controller in hand. After a few minutes one of them said "You're right papa, you're no good at playing these games", and took the controller from my gnarly old claws.