Give this $25 tool a try

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Had a gift card to Avid Angler….. thought I give this a try. Like the offset angle. Solid build.

IMG_3738.jpeg

Ad…….Cutting edge nippers for the new age tippet materials. These nippers include super sharp tungsten carbide blades mounted onto a lightweight 6061-T6 anodized aluminum frame. With the ability to cut braid, most if not all tippet, and coated wire up to 20 pounds, these nippers are here to do it all.

Little leash, set of replacement blades and Allen tool. Seems very solid. Not a fan of the Green Bay colors but oh well !!!!

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Had a gift card to Avid Angler….. thought I give this a try. Like the offset angle. Solid build.

View attachment 98945

Ad…….Cutting edge nippers for the new age tippet materials. These nippers include super sharp tungsten carbide blades mounted onto a lightweight 6061-T6 anodized aluminum frame. With the ability to cut braid, most if not all tippet, and coated wire up to 20 pounds, these nippers are here to do it all.

Little leash, set of replacement blades and Allen tool. Seems very solid. Not a fan of the Green Bay colors but oh well !!!!
Them's Oregon Duck colors my man. Be cool.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Them's Oregon Duck colors my man. Be cool.
Yep. And because of the Deschutes and the northern coastal rivers I fish I must give props to you and Oregonians. You sure do have some fine fishing waters both coastal and inland. Also why most years I buy an annual out of state license to your state.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yep. And because of the Deschutes and the northern coastal rivers I fish I must give props to you and Oregonians. You sure do have some fine fishing waters both coastal and inland. Also why most years I buy an annual out of state license to your state.
As a Washington resident I buy it every year too.

Shad

Life of the Party
Like most Dr. Slick tools, those nippers look ideal. Knowing it was kind of brutal, what was the price?

JK... I think $25 is a fair price for a highly functional, durable set of nippers.

Divad

Whitefish
Better than 79 cent nail clippers ? Which, if I drop in the water I won't dry over !
The “dry over” is either a typo or a cleverly crafted conclusion to your statement. I’m a $5 Japanese clipper fan, mine have last so long though I feel it’s time to buy those Dr Slick nips.

Shad

Life of the Party
Better than 79 cent nail clippers ? Which, if I drop in the water I won't dry over !
You can still get nail clippers for 79 cents?

Yeah... I'm a clipper man myself at the moment, but the tool in question here looks like a genuine pleasure to use. You spend $25 in gas on a typical wade fishing trip. Considering all the costs of a day of fishing, can you really not stomach that cost for a tool that makes you happy for years?

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Klein flush cutters about $12.
Last forever and will cut braid and repair trailer lights if needed.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
You can still get nail clippers for 79 cents?

Yeah... I'm a clipper man myself at the moment, but the tool in question here looks like a genuine pleasure to use. You spend $25 in gas on a typical wade fishing trip. Considering all the costs of a day of fishing, can you really not stomach that cost for a tool that makes you happy for years?
I agree that $25.00 for a quality tool isn't expensive, especially when compared to the cost of a fly line, a reel, rod, Fishpond net, etc., my issue is my clumsiness and without a landyard, I'd drop them overboard and they don't appear to be buoyant. I tend to use scissor clamps (they sink too) because I can usually find them clipped to my PFD.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Another good inexpensive tool option, especially if you cut braid are Gerber Neat Freak scissors. They offer a saltwater version of them as well.
SF

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I agree that $25.00 for a quality tool isn't expensive, especially when compared to the cost of a fly line, a reel, rod, Fishpond net, etc., my issue is my clumsiness and without a landyard, I'd drop them overboard and they don't appear to be buoyant. I tend to use scissor clamps (they sink too) because I can usually find them clipped to my PFD.
Obviously I bought this for a reason. It wasn’t my clumsiness although that exists in my fishing profile but it was my memory skills or lack of it….so someone will find some cheap plier/cutters sitting on some rock as a river runs by it 😉