Floating line for bass bugs?

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
That's exactly what I'm using now. It's fine, but always looking for better!
I hear ya! Then you end up with 100 lightly used lines, ask me how I know haha

Just curious what would you want a different line to do better (like want it a little heavier or easier landing or just different)?

Also didn’t mention most of my fishing is standing from a boat, from kayaks and wading may yield different opinion . How do you tend to fish?

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
I hear ya! Then you end up with 100 lightly used lines, ask me how I know haha

Just curious what would you want a different line to do better (like want it a little heavier or easier landing or just different)?

Also didn’t mention most of my fishing is standing from a boat, from kayaks and wading may yield different opinion . How do you tend to fish?
TBH, the Titan is probably about the same grain weight as the Trop Punch, and it may just be the way I've used them differently.
The TP was used flats wading. Most of my bass fishing is sitting, from a kayak. To make that worse, I'm 5'3". So...combine that with an 8' rod and it can be tricky to keep a big popper from hitting the water behind me. I'm mangling my elbow and shoulder when I automatically try to extend my reach.

Apparently I'd like something with an antigravity tip. ;)

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
To make that worse, I'm 5'3". So...combine that with an 8' rod and it can be tricky to keep a big popper from hitting the water behind me. I'm mangling my elbow and shoulder when I automatically try to extend my reach.
Hmmm, as a shorter fellow with a kayak, that's good info to keep in mind.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Hey, Help and old man out. What's with this "bag" you are all talking about. People keep throwing new stuff out these and it's hard to keep up on things.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Curious if anyone uses the Wulff Ambush for any of your topwater bass needs or do you find the head is too short?

Only reason I ask is because recently I busted out my 400gr floater (full line) to play with for tigers and with the bulk of poppers, the shooting factor is greatly diminished. Personally, I prefer to point, shoot, fish....with extreme minimal back casting (if all you're doing is shadow casting, you know what you aren't doing? Fishing). But there's gotta be a happy medium...

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Curious if anyone uses the Wulff Ambush for any of your topwater bass needs or do you find the head is too short?

Only reason I ask is because recently I busted out my 400gr floater (full line) to play with for tigers and with the bulk of poppers, the shooting factor is greatly diminished. Personally, I prefer to point, shoot, fish....with extreme minimal back casting (if all you're doing is shadow casting, you know what you aren't doing? Fishing). But there's gotta be a happy medium...
I’ve used the TT bass bug and that head is 27’. I liked it but felt it was too short out of a head out of a boat. If wading it’s a decent line but found it to be a little cumbersome at short distances as that line starts to get nice with 15-20’ of line out otw it’s a pain to get a short cast going with a big bug. I even tried going with the TT long head line and that was ok but wasn’t doing it for me. Just my $0.02