Cliff Mass says the rain is coming next weekend...

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I think the most insufferable thing about Cliff Mass is he doesn't even have his own domain. He still uses the cliffmass.blogspot.com address. Is $12 for a domain really too much for him?

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I think the most insufferable thing about Cliff Mass is he doesn't even have his own domain. He still uses the cliffmass.blogspot.com address. Is $12 for a domain really too much for him?
1000% to this. Who is on blogspot in 2023? And all those crap ass ads the site runs, blegh. He'd make more money with a better donation setup of some sort.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I like rain.
SF
Brian - Since I grew up in Sequim in the "sunbelt" and now live in Central (sunny) WA, I've grown accustomed to dryer weather but damn, sometimes I MISS rain. On our recent trip to BC we had 10 days of sunshine, not a drop of rain (or snow or hail), and too many afternoons of 80F weather. Chironomids seem to like cloudy damp days to hatch; in those 10 days we had two hours of a decent midge hatch. (thread drift).

DerekWhipple

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
He's a crank, so I think it's pretty fitting.

I have a pet theory that some people believe global warming is happening, and actually are looking forward to it happening, and Cliff is one of them. Not in a "new money making opportunities" conspiracy sort of way, just that a lot of people don't like cold weather, so "everything is going to get warmer" sounds real good to them.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Oh fuck, just come out and say it, "Cliff Mass is a heretic and needs to be burned at the stake!"
You really want to lose your shit, follow Joe Bastardi.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
I don't even think Cliff is a climate change skeptic, he frequently states that it is real and the magnitude of global temperature change. He has the belief (probably accurate) that most singular weather events cannot be tied directly to climate change, especially when they fall within historical record, and that is his pet peeve so he rants about it. He's also annoying about it. He also provides gold when it comes to the mechanics and probabilistic forecast of major PNW weather events. Just like everyone, he's a mixed bag. Luckily for us, they are blog posts we can choose to read or not.