NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

Non-fishing related

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Orvis is doing a 25% off almost everything that isn’t fishing related.

Killer deals on dog beds.

Normally $125, on sale for $164.25.
View attachment 92633

Normally $209, on sale for $209.25
View attachment 92634

$249, on sale for $254.25.
View attachment 92635
This reminds me of when I bought my Simms Riffle waders. The Riffle is the Bass Pro/Cabelas exclusive by Simms. I paid $249 the first week of June 2022. They then put them "on sale" for Father's Day for $279.

I like them, but they started leaking in the crotch this summer. I noticed it in June, but dinked around until September before I contacted Cabelas support online using live chat. The gal on there said I could just take them to the nearest store (Bass Pro in T-town) and they would exchange them. I was like hell yeah!

About 2 weeks later I finally made it to Bass Pro and told them the deal. They were like.....ah, she was not correct. He said Simms only has a 60 day exchange (lame by the way) and that she must have been a newbie. I showed him the screen shot of the chat and her name so they did right and got me a new pair of Riffle waders. It took a while. They definitely had to run it up the chain of command, but I got my waders.

Looks like they're only $164 right now. Actually pretty damn good deal...as long as they don't leak in a year.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/simms-riffle-stockingfoot-waders-for-men

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yeah, a LOT has changed in running shoe design in just the last 5 or so years. They don't use EVA much anymore, but you get much higher stacks of foam now. The higher performance shoes, which I typically run in, have about 40mm of foam, then use carbon fiber rods or plates to stabilize them. Pretty cool technology and designs. Also gives for a much wider variety of shoe types than were available just a few years ago... so now it's almost worse than fishing rods for me... gotta have a pair for slower/recovery days, shoes for faster/tempo days, speed/race shoes, non-plated shoes, etc.

Just an example of how crazy they've gotten, here's what I ran in today (one of my daily trainers that I like to use the day after a harder run).

View attachment 92683
It's actually still EVA, but now in liquid form, shot into the mold. In the old days, slabs of cured EVA foam were pressed into the molds.

And of course, it's not your dad's EVA, used for flip flops.

New Balance: Every piece is cut, molded, and stitched in China. Then the upper and the bottom are shipped separately to a place in California where they are cemented together, so they can call it Made in the USA.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
ReelFlyRod online, 20% over $100 today using coupon 'BlackFriday'
just ordered an Echo Trout X using same

Reactions: Zak

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Epic is offering 20% off their gift cards, which can be used at a later date to buy things on sale or with other discounts.

1703222975569.png
IMG_3180.png

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
It's actually still EVA, but now in liquid form, shot into the mold. In the old days, slabs of cured EVA foam were pressed into the molds.

And of course, it's not your dad's EVA, used for flip flops.
Missed this until now.

Most high performance running shoes are using PEBA midsoles now, which is different than the EVA you mention. A lot of mid to lower tier running shoes still do use EVA in some form, though.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
STP has a solid deal going…..TFO 905-4 Pro-2 Series for $79. The 690-4 Pro 2 is $99. Sock only no tube, but you can get a sage case for 29… or get something cheap that works.

Makes for a solid all purpose rod…including the salt. I have the 905-4 and it’s a med-fast action rod. Built well. Cork is on the cheaper side but hey for that price. Also if you’re an Axiom II fan they have them at half price. Select modes of course.

IMG_3750.png

Last edited: