NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

Non-fishing related

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Yeah if I go back to Orvis, I'll get them for 50% off.. still wouldn't buy them!!
I never even thought about it when I worked there....did buy way more than I needed other things though....lol

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Look at this insane deal! hopefully gold plated....

View attachment 92233

Every year my wife does her best to get me something I have not bought for myself. Usually she finds a list titled something along the lines of “10 gifts every fly fisherman will love”. Sometimes the gifts are great and very useful (sun hoodies as an example). Other times.. not so much. Biggest examples; a Go Pro (used twice snorkeling) and 100+ dollar nippers.

“But they are high quality and will last forever so you do not need to buy a bunch of cheap one”…maybe, maybe not, especially since I fish salt 75% of the time these days.

“I understand but it’s not the quality I’m concerned about, I’ll probably lose them”….fast forward 5 months later as I helplessly watch them sink 40 feet to the bottom of a Kitsap county lake :).

She’ll probably fuck with me and buy me 50 pairs to $2 dollar nail clippers from Walgreens this Christmas….

flybill

Life of the Party
Every year my wife does her best to get me something I have not bought for myself. Usually she finds a list titled something along the lines of “10 gifts every fly fisherman will love”. Sometimes the gifts are great and very useful (sun hoodies as an example). Other times.. not so much. Biggest examples; a Go Pro (used twice snorkeling) and 100+ dollar nippers.

“But they are high quality and will last forever so you do not need to buy a bunch of cheap one”…maybe, maybe not, especially since I fish salt 75% of the time these days.

“I understand but it’s not the quality I’m concerned about, I’ll probably lose them”….fast forward 5 months later as I helplessly watch them sink 40 feet to the bottom of a Kitsap county lake :).

She’ll probably fuck with me and buy me 50 pairs to $2 dollar nail clippers from Walgreens this Christmas….
If she doesn't, I'll buy you 20 pairs of nippers from the Dollar Store!!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
We have our entire fly tying catalog on sale! Spawn products at 30% off! Pretty dang good if you ask me ;)

thanks for the link! I grabbed a couple of little items (not that I really need them, but slightly different than what I've already got.).

🍻

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
No over the top double tax like Washington.
Yeah, Washington voters sure stopped the Govt monopoly on liquor sales.
Power to the PEOPLE!!!
What a bunch of maroons.

My wife and I don't consume much liquor anymore but I'm glad we have "Exchange" privileges.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I have the Genius10 and it's worked great on both LiFePo4 and standard lead-acid batteries.
I have one on the small boat and have been wanting one on the big boat. Might be time

Edit... I'm $111 poorer

Limited-time deal: NOCO Genius GEN5X2, 2-Bank, 10A (5A/Bank) Smart Marine Battery Charger, 12V Waterproof Onboard Boat Charger, Battery Maintainer and Desulfator for AGM, Lithium (LiFePO4) and Deep-Cycle Batteries https://a.co/d/9HxB6CH

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Yeah, Washington voters sure stopped the Govt monopoly on liquor sales.
Power to the PEOPLE!!!
What a bunch of maroons.

My wife and I don't consume much liquor anymore but I'm glad we have "Exchange" privileges.
Maroons, I love it, takes me back to Saturday mornings…

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
How did you like the area? Have you been back recently or even in the past whatever years?
Growing up in Irondequoit was fine. Laid back 60’s suburbia. The “city” was a mix of lower and upscale neighborhoods. I haven’t been back for probably a decade or more. Do a Zillow search of some of the areas to see what’s available. Some of the older areas in East Rochester around the Geo. Eastman house are really nice.

East Coaster

Steelhead
How did you like the area? Have you been back recently or even in the past whatever years?
Don't know the area at all, except that they get A LOT of snow, even by northeast US standards, due to the lake effect. I'd imagine it would be an even more dramatic difference for someone coming from the wet side of WA.