NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

Non-fishing related

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Probably mostly non-fly fishing/fishing related. But anything you partook in or stocked up on?

Me... I burn through running shoes. About a half dozen or so per year. So I just stocked up with six new pairs off my favorites at a fraction of what I've paid for them before. Dicks Sporting Goods has really good shoe deals going on right now.

I'm not much of a big shopper or someone in to buying presents or what have you... But I find this a good time to keep an eye out for things I would've been buying anyways.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Jstockard has 20% off through the weekend and simple-shot.com has 25% off everything today. Those are the 2 I'll be ordering from today.

Last edited:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Probably mostly non-fly fishing/fishing related. But anything you partook in or stocked up on?

Me... I burn through running shoes. About a half dozen or so per year. So I just stocked up with six new pairs off my favorites at a fraction of what I've paid for them before. Dicks Sporting Goods has really good shoe deals going on right now.

I'm not much of a big shopper or someone in to buying presents or what have you... But I find this a good time to keep an eye out for things I would've been buying anyways.
Right there with you, I got some running pants for when I can start running again at the beginning of the year.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Was trying to convince myself I needed various stuff I don't at all need. So just got a few things. $6 off on what is genuinely one of my favorite pocket knives (that doesn't go on sale much at all).

Civivi Elementum $44 Amazon

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 12.02.20 PM.png

Also bought one of those $70 Lithium Fishfinder Batteries I posted about yesterday.

Other than that, just some gifts and stocking stuffers for the wife/kids that were on sale. Probably going to run up to Costco at some point right before they close to pick up one of these 22in Blackstone griddles. There's also a 36" Blackstone at Tractor Supply for $250 that would be a good deal if you were sure that you were a griddle fan and needed to cool for a bunch of folks. I've never owned one and don't really have a place for a big one at this point, so I figured I'd stay smaller to start. I've also heard that Ace Hardware will price match the Tractor Supply price and do the assembly for free.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 12.33.00 PM.png

Did notice a $500 Southwest Airlines giftcard for $430 from Costco. Might be a good deal if you fly SW.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
If anyone is the in portland metro area.... KERSHAW/KAI WAREHOUSE SALE IS next weekend. $500 Shun knives for $150 etc.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Just picked up that model Civivi with wood handle, will be my youngest sons Xmas gift, already have one in the carry rotation.
And picked up a Fenwick 6 wt Aetos, a Lamson Remix, and a Sonar Stillwater Emerger Clear Tip for the boat quiver.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Not Black Friday related but Thursday we pulled into Hayden, Idaho to spend Thanksgiving with my MIL. But first I hit the local liquor store. Paid a simple sales tax. No over the top double tax like Washington. The box of booze should hold me over until May for her birthday. I saved a lot and will save more gassing up for the ride home.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pretty decent deals on Jackery portable power stations and solar. Good reputation for their stuff per @iveofione and some of the larger units are 50% off. Good time to buy if you've been eyeing these like I have! 🤑

Those are excellent prices for Jackery equipment. When I bought mine about 3 years ago I knew at the time that it would be out of date in a year or so and that has happened. Newer units charge faster and have more charging cycles but that doesn't alter the fact that Jackery is very good. Mine runs the fridge in the Casa for days, charges my fans, flashlight, phone and computer and is easy to keep charged up with the truck or a solar panel. Here in the house it spends the winter at the side of my recliner where it powers a 12v electric blanket to keep me warm in the evenings and last over a week of evenings on a single charge. I can't find a single fault with it for my needs which are modest to begin with.

But if you need the latest and greatest there are other units out there that are more capable. Those too will be out of date in 3 years....

flybill

Life of the Party
I found a good deal on a very cool apartment in Ballard! High end finishes! All the amenities, except a pool and hot tub! One month free rent.. didn't think I would ever live in Ballard, but it's tempting depending on where my next job is.. which could be in Rochester, NY.. I'll hear next week.. with Orvis, I would be their fishing manager! Very exciting! New fishing opportunities and a better cost of living than here in WA!

flybill

Life of the Party
Those are excellent prices for Jackery equipment. When I bought mine about 3 years ago I knew at the time that it would be out of date in a year or so and that has happened. Newer units charge faster and have more charging cycles but that doesn't alter the fact that Jackery is very good. Mine runs the fridge in the Casa for days, charges my fans, flashlight, phone and computer and is easy to keep charged up with the truck or a solar panel. Here in the house it spends the winter at the side of my recliner where it powers a 12v electric blanket to keep me warm in the evenings and last over a week of evenings on a single charge. I can't find a single fault with it for my needs which are modest to begin with.

But if you need the latest and greatest there are other units out there that are more capable. Those too will be out of date in 3 years....
I want a Jackery and the solar panels.. soon, but not for Christmas unless Santa is good to me!! LOL!

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
I found a good deal on a very cool apartment in Ballard! High end finishes! All the amenities, except a pool and hot tub! One month free rent.. didn't think I would ever live in Ballard, but it's tempting depending on where my next job is.. which could be in Rochester, NY.. I'll hear next week.. with Orvis, I would be their fishing manager! Very exciting! New fishing opportunities and a better cost of living than here in WA!
Roch-cha-cha, I grew up in the suburbs around it. Genesee beer…especially the bock…

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
I like it, ‘cause there’s nothing like it…Genesee Cream Ale!

Rochester is quite a distance from Manchester, but I confess I’ve not tracked Orvis’ business…

Sturubu

Smolt
Forum Supporter
+1 on the Cream Ale. Never been to Rochester, but availability of half decent and affordable beer is a factor to consider when moving.