Search results

1. rooftop

EVA foam decking

I was at the Portland Boat Show last Wednesday before the weather hit and saw a booth for a guy doing decals, restoration, and EVA decking. He even have a before/after Willy's drift boat that looked pretty fantastic. I started to think about how great it would be to replace the crappy floor...
  2. rooftop

Favorite superglue?

I'm tying some saltwater flies and have been somewhat unhappy with the Krazy and Gorilla Glue I've been using. But it seems to be a better glue than the Loon Flow I use on freshwater flies. The Gorilla Glue applicator is horrible and is like coming your hair with a push broom. Any preferred...
  3. rooftop

Fold away tongue for drift boat trailer

I’m trying to make some room in the garage and have been eyeing the tongue on the drift boat trailer for a while. I’m curious if anyone has one of the fold-away adapters on their trailer. Has it been ok for long, bumpy roads? Any issues or concerns?
  4. rooftop

Good boat net

I've been hanging on to a crappy nylon rope basket net that I got a few years back. The net has worked well for big fish, but I need to replace it with either a nylon basket or a whole different net setup. Years ago, I floated with a guy who had a nice folding net, but haven't been able to find...
  5. rooftop

Old fly line for articulated hooks?

I lost my full sink line to a prop recently, but I still have about half of the running line left. I've used braid for the trailing hook on articulated streamers but wondered if anyone has ever tried old fly line. Seems like it would be a little stiffer and should be quite strong. I suppose I...
  6. rooftop

Spare oar options

I'm upgrading from 9' to 9.5' counterbalanced oars and am looking for a spare oar that can be broken down into smaller pieces for storage. A quick search indicates that this isn't a common thing. I've found 2-part oars, but the sections are longer than my bench. I found one from Sawyer that is 3...
  7. rooftop

Shuttle services for Skykomish and Snohomish?

Does anyone have a preferred and reputable shuttle service for the Sky and/or Snohomish? Not a huge fan of the Ubers of the world.
  8. rooftop

Adding lettering to a rod

I'm looking to get a buddy a rod for his birthday, but not a really fancy one where a hand painted name or something would be part of the deal. Does anyone know a place to get that custom lettering added? Or even the decal route - do those hold up well enough?