Recent content by WonderBrad

1. WonderBrad

Snohomish/Skykomish get screwed

So from the boat launch to the first rail road bridge looks like about 200 yards of river. Another railroad bridge crosses about 400 yards further down. Am I reading this right or is WDFW really trying to cram at least a thousand Hook Huckers in a 2-400 yard stretch of the snohomish river?
  2. WonderBrad

Puget Sound

Well I have a canoe, a hobie Mirage Kayak, and livingston boat. I have a wheel cart. The issue for me is boating in the sound. My Grandfather fished point no point everyday in an 8 foot livingston. Some days no problem, other days we were sure he would not return...
  3. WonderBrad

Puget Sound

Question: What Marine areas are open for what? I usually intercept salmon in the Snohomish river system which is completely shut down so far... The regs are getting harder to interpret (at least for me) I can think of 3 or 4 beaches near me: Edmonds. MA 9 Picnic Point MA 9? Mukilteo MA 8-2...
  4. WonderBrad

NFR No scientific proof that happiness techniques work...

Josh: Yep rigorous scientific proof is hard to come by. Lots of psychological studies lately don't pass the sniff test. Dietary Supplement studies are often sponsored by the company. Some scientists juice their date ( Stanford comes to mind). Happiness is especially hard to quantify. I think...
  5. WonderBrad

Snohomish/Skykomish get screwed

I just realized how angry and sad this situation makes me feel. Is it possible to be equally angry and sad at the same time, yep! I sent a nasty gram to the Mill Creek WDFW office. Yeah I know that will do diddly squat, but I had to vent somehow. What practical steps can we take to get...
  6. WonderBrad

Minnow Patterns

Olive/White/Orange Optic Minnow is one of the best producers for me. The lighting strike marabou muddler also produces well (in white black and olive).
  7. LightningStrikeMuddler.jpg

LightningStrikeMuddler.jpg

8. OliveOrangeOptic.JPG

OliveOrangeOptic.JPG

9. WonderBrad

Drainage ditch trout

I don't want to reveal too much about location.... but yes this might be a post spawn fish headed back to the office after spawning in X creek. April is a bit late for me to fish these spots, I usually get the football shaped fish in February. The fly is an optic variation I tied after reading...
  10. WonderBrad

Drainage ditch trout

Found this healthy cutthroat in my local drainage ditch while swinging an olive and white streamer. Long, but a bit skinny compared to the usual. 2 other of similar size hit my streamer further down the ditch then spit out my barbless hook with disdain for me. They like to jump and head shake...
  11. OliveOrangeOptic.JPG

OliveOrangeOptic.JPG

12. Cutthroat.JPG

Cutthroat.JPG

13. WonderBrad

Yakima walk and wade advice

The Yak hates me. So my advice is questionable. I like the Cle Elum stretch best, followed by Ellensburg, followed by the lower canyon. If I hook one fish that's a great day! The Thorp section seems barren to me, but others report good results there. I've gone floating and wading with a guide (...
  14. WonderBrad

Favorite bass flies?

A close second. Difficult to tie, easy to lose... but effective.
  15. Crayfish.jpg

Crayfish.jpg