NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

Non-fishing related

JayB

Steelhead
I found a good deal on a very cool apartment in Ballard! High end finishes! All the amenities, except a pool and hot tub! One month free rent.. didn't think I would ever live in Ballard, but it's tempting depending on where my next job is.. which could be in Rochester, NY.. I'll hear next week.. with Orvis, I would be their fishing manager! Very exciting! New fishing opportunities and a better cost of living than here in WA!
Upstate NY is a very under-rated in many dimensions when it comes to the outdoors and the cost of housing is almost comically low. This is what $125K gets you: https://www.redfin.com/NY/Rochester/138-Mount-Airy-Dr-14617/home/72562197

JudyM

Steelhead

Zak

Legend
a wood burning insert in that fireplace would be the ticket!…
We had a Vermont Castings (pre-sale of company to China) catalytic wood-burning insert in the fireplace of our Vermont house. Unfortunately, the thermostat was between the fireplace and our bedrooms down the hall. So the fire heat kept the furnace from kicking on (forced hot water heat), and the bedrooms were freezing. So we did not end up using it much. Fuel oil costs were huge compared to here.

Growing up in Vermont, we mostly heated with wood stoves. But it really helps if the house was designed to be heated with wood.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Hey man, at least in our neck of the woods (we’ll maybe mine), houses are bought online—sight unseen!
the Year One Covid SF techies suddenly free to work remote, unleashed on Bend, buying without ever first stepping into the house...

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
the Year One Covid SF techies suddenly free to work remote, unleashed on Bend, buying without ever first stepping into the house...
moreso it's investors (vacation rentals and flippers) buying things up site unseen.

Reactions: Zak

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
moreso it's investors (vacation rentals and flippers) buying things up site unseen.

REIT's far and away the largest purchaser of single family homes, buyng up large chunks of all new housing developments, same around the nation in the 'hot spots.'

JayB

Steelhead

and those east coast heating bills..

The amount you save on a single monthly housing payment would cover an awful lot of BTUs!

All of the downsides of living in the NE are real, but when I was touring around the area during a 3 year stint in the NE, Upstate NY in particular seemed under-rated relative to a lot of the rest of the NE - at least in terms of outdoor pursuits. If someone put a gun to my head and made me live there I'd find a place with easy access to cross-country skiing and snowmobiling so I could enjoy the abundant snowfall.

I'd also start planning hella trips up to Quebec to partake of all of the outdoor goodies on offer there....

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Orvis is doing a 25% off almost everything that isn’t fishing related.

Killer deals on dog beds.

Normally $125, on sale for $164.25.
IMG_2800.jpeg

Normally $209, on sale for $209.25
IMG_2801.jpeg

$249, on sale for $254.25.
IMG_2802.jpeg

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How did you like the area? Have you been back recently or even in the past whatever years?
It might be to late, if you already bought, but check into BLUETTI, I have had an EB55 and PV120 (which is in sale for $648) it had been awesome! And I just bought on the Black Friday sale the the AC180+PV200S.

The Black Friday sale has been extended until Nov 30th. https://www.bluettipower.com/

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
They really need to rename "Black Friday" to "November." Because that's what it seems like now.