What's your fishing rig?

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’m on my second Tacoma. My first had a high rise Brahma canopy and the bed rail seal was waterproof, until I removed it to haul bark. It was never quite waterproof again. It wasn’t terrible but there was always a wet corner inside when it rained. This canopy is a cab height Snug Top (fwiw) and I intend to never remove it. So far, six years later, still dry as a bone. Now when I need to haul materials, I rent a pickup with dump from Home Depot. A half day rental is worth it to me.

SurfnSully

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Love my 2020 4runner, 3yrs old and she has over 60K now and majority of it is from fishing and road trips since I've been working from home since covid. She gets almost 17 smiles per gallon :)
I've done some mods on her, slight lift, skid plate, CAT cover plates, running boards, LED main and amber fogs. Latest additional is a platform to go in the back to get a flat sleeping area.

View attachment 72979View attachment 72980
Did you build this platform? I am looking at the new Toyota Land Cruiser and trying to figure out if I could comfortably sleep in it if needed... This might work??

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Did you build this platform? I am looking at the new Toyota Land Cruiser and trying to figure out if I could comfortably sleep in it if needed... This might work??
Yep I built it with sheet plywood and two 2x4 beams underneath, carpet on top. It’s easy just measure out the dimensions you need. In my case the fold down rear seats leave a 2in height gap, this platform meets it to create a leveled sleeping area.

DKL

Steelhead
I just realized I left out my favorite fishing rig in my earlier post. I have the Scotty rod holder for the back, it attaches to the luggage frame between the seat and the pannier. I can carry either a Spey rod or single hander setup and ready to go. I don’t have any shots with the Spey rod but I’ve got one with trout rod.
IMG_1736.jpeg
65057204927__1A89F248-088A-435F-BC30-9D9293D74C83.jpeg
It also works well for hunting too.
IMG_1081.jpeg

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
I just realized I left out my favorite fishing rig in my earlier post. I have the Scotty rod holder for the back, it attaches to the luggage frame between the seat and the pannier. I can carry either a Spey rod or single hander setup and ready to go. I don’t have any shots with the Spey rod but I’ve got one with trout rod.
View attachment 100199
View attachment 100200
View attachment 100201
I know Rancho Grande when I see it!

Reactions: DKL

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
View attachment 100199
View attachment 100200
View attachment 100201
How often do you hunt upland birds in waders? Asking for a friend.

DKL

Steelhead
How often do you hunt upland birds in waders? Asking for a friend.
That particular instance I was turkey hunting. Sometimes the good spots are on the other side of the river. That being said, I probably upland hunt in waders more times than not. We like to mix it up a bit on our floats. My avatar is of my partner.