What's your fishing rig?

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Demise of what? Looks like pretty classy fishing digs to me.
Fished this river system for over 30 years. The last about 15 for 4 to 6 weeks each fall. Seeing what has happened to the steelhead numbers in inverse proportion to angler numbers and pressure I just can't be a part, albeit a small part, of the problem. I sure do miss it.

Last edited:

Divad

Whitefish
Fished this system for over 30 years. The last about 15 for 4 to 6 weeks each fall. Seeing what has happened to the steelhead numbers in inverse proportion to angler numbers and pressure I just can't be a part, albeit a small part, of the problem. I sure do miss it.
That thing plus a truck takes up at least three parking spots, probably would help pressure 😁 Park it at Coon’s, or fill up some spots at Minnie. Then proceed with a volleyball net jackassery, full on bbq setup and let the dogs run amuck while you sit back drinking beer/wine/slushies trying to convince others not to fish 👍

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
That thing plus a truck takes up at least three parking spots, probably would help pressure 😁 Park it at Coon’s, or fill up some spots at Minnie. Then proceed with a volleyball net jackassery, full on bbq setup and let the dogs run amuck while you sit back drinking beer/wine/slushies trying to convince others not to fish 👍
Sorry my reply went completely over your head. I also have chosen not to frequent those places within a short drive of home. While perhaps not part of a solution it is about all I can do today.

Tuna Ball

Steelhead
My 07 Utility Prius

When I moved a bit out of town I discovered my Tundra was a bit expensive to feed. The search began for a suitable commuter car. This is what I landed on and have been really impressed. I'm sure many are surprised to be passed on the country roads by a Prius. 😆

Here she is loaded for a tuna trip tomorrow. Two coolers with 160lb of ice, five jig rods, one salmon rod, an empty kill bag to bring aboard, my rain gear and boots and enough iron to sink a small boat. I could even fit a passenger if needed.

Yes, there are roads she best stay clear of but for most of my fishing, this gets the job done.

IMG_20230908_154125986_HDR.jpgIMG_20230908_154150045.jpg

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
My 07 Utility Prius

When I moved a bit out of town I discovered my Tundra was a bit expensive to feed. The search began for a suitable commuter car. This is what I landed on and have been really impressed. I'm sure many are surprised to be passed on the country roads by a Prius. 😆

Here she is loaded for a tuna trip tomorrow. Two coolers with 160lb of ice, five jig rods, one salmon rod, an empty kill bag to bring aboard, my rain gear and boots and enough iron to sink a small boat. I could even fit a passenger if needed.

Yes, there are roads she best stay clear of but for most of my fishing, this gets the job done.

View attachment 81250View attachment 81252
Quite possibly the first time Prius and Fishing Rig has been in the same sentence…impressive

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
For day trips; 2006 Frontier 4x4

IMG_2243.jpeg

For trips that are a little longer,
‘85 rebuilt Vanagon Adventurewagen. I figure everybody needs a hobby, especially in retirement;

IMG_3668.jpeg

For longer trips with a few more creature comforts, 2008 Northern Lite on 2011 Chev 3500 4x4 diesel;

IMG_0571.jpeg