What are you listening to?

Westfly Refugee

Steelhead
I was talking with a friend today about Chris Newman. I last saw him in Oregon City at a small venue with his ensemble in 2017-or 2018. He passed not long after…I always enjoyed our talks over the years during my lunch time walks on my record shop route. I was actively collecting then.

Playin' the 'Local' card?
I'll see your Napalm Beach and raise you...

Greg Sage & The Wipers

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Wow, Mel Brown! Great Player! And LOVE that BIG, signature archtop timbre - sound (from a beautiful 18" Gibson Super 400... and the hip and super rare florentine model too!!!).

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Wow, Mel Brown! Great Player! And LOVE that BIG, signature archtop timbre - sound (from a beautiful 18" Gibson Super 400... and the hip and super rare florentine model too!!!).
And Buddy Guy… ironically some of my best live music experiences were from the inadequately heralded often at small venues

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
And Buddy Guy… ironically some of my best live music experiences were from the inadequately heralded often at small venues
Yes indeed. I have a real love for the sound of big archtop guitars and that number featured Brown with that beautiful instrument.

Back in the day, I saw Buddy Guy at two "festivals" playing while doing his signature "walk" through crowd with a SUPER LONG coiled guitar cable plugged into his Stratocaster. Unfortunately the capacitive reactance of the cable will suck the tone out of a guitar. But he did a shuffle number that he played a low repeating single note funky rhythmic figure for the "walk". And he may have used a shorter cable on stage. "Wireless" gear has been great for him. He can walk, play with great tone, and sing!