Well crap....

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Hopefully the Versa’s insurance covers the replacement of the drift boat and some compensation for fishing time lost.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
It's hard to see how the Versa managed to sneak in under the trailer. I'd need to see that in live action to figure it out.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
It's hard to see how the Versa managed to sneak in under the trailer. I'd need to see that in live action to figure it out.
With the stern of the drift boat being tilted up, I could totally see it. If you see a drift boat like that on a trailer, the stern would be at about the same level or higher as the hood of a small car. At speed, that would hit the hood from underneath and send it up and over.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
From a random googler image I found for reference:

1689008657712.png

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Impressed with those boat buckles! I guess they were worth to cost of the upgrade after all.

My guess is there is some structural damage to the hull where the stern was pushed up and the buckles successfully held onto the gunwales.

Glad to see the bow of the Clack not be through the back window of the SUV.

And I wonder what that dog is thinking...

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Is that the hood of the versa tucked between boat and trailer? Yikes.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Wow, makes ya wonder.
What my lns. guy told me about trailer Ins, be it camp, utility or boat trailer.
Is when the trailer is hooked to the car/truck it is covered by the vehicle's Ins.
I get real nervous when someone comes up behind fast.
I've been rearended twice. First time I saw it coming the second time, caught me unaware and I learned that whip lash is a real thing