Us Admins appreciate you all and hope you feel the same way! (donation drive)

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thanks
We have size limits on photo files, so as long as you're within those, you're totally fine.

They are generous limits which is appreciated. Even so, it's crazy how fast image data piles up with the newer cameras. One thing I've been doing is to take snapshots of photos I want to upload. Only takes a few seconds to crop out any superfluous screen grab, reduces the files size significantly, and loses any location data.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Not seeing how I can renew my recurring payment, which expires 3 October. Just tried it and it only sent a one-time payment.
I think you need to wait for it to expire or get the notice of upcoming expiring before you can extend it.

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I think you need to wait for it to expire or get the notice of upcoming expiring before you can extend it.
Will do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
any chance of a venmo option?
It'd need to be compatible with our subscription software and as far as I can tell, they don't integrate with venmo.

Venmo and PayPal are the same company, venmo is just the "quick and easy between friends" app version.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
My account shows that it never expires.... something about "Rock Star". Is this right? Guess I could donate more but I don't want to discount my membership level. You need a link to the donation page in this thread (unless I missed it).

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
My account shows that it never expires.... something about "Rock Star". Is this right? Guess I could donate more but I don't want to discount my membership level. You need a link to the donation page in this thread (unless I missed it).
sorry, we're just now finding that the software messed this one up. If you are having that happen, please private message me and I'll get it fixed when I'm back in the office.

The donation page is linked on the navigation bar at the top of this page: "Support PNWFF" in case anyone was looking for it.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Upped my donation game, Evan, Josh and Billy work hard at this and I value their efforts..... with money. And I don't mind putting original content to make it a more fun place for all. This is by far the most enjoyable social media, right here....

Steve Vaughn

Still learning
Forum Supporter
Not seeing how I can renew my recurring payment, which expires 3 October. Just tried it and it only sent a one-time payment.
They expire? Mine has been going since the site went up. Truly appreciate what the admins do here and love the site. Don't want my monthly payments to expire cause I would for sure never notice.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
They expire? Mine has been going since the site went up. Truly appreciate what the admins do here and love the site. Don't want my monthly payments to expire cause I would for sure never notice.
Yeah, it was weird. They got it going again.

Last edited:

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Weird title, I know, but couldn't come up with a better one :D

As our 2yr anniversary is just around the corner, we wanted to take a moment to once again thank everyone for helping us keep this place humming along, and quite smoothly I might add! It's genuinely a pleasure to have such a large, active group of folks from so many different walks of life that just plain have a way of finding common ground. We tried to make a second forum for all matters of non-fly fishing and did not have the same experience overall, so it has made us appreciate this place that much more.

While this is fairly outside our comfort zone to just come right out and say, we wanted to take the time to remind everyone what keeps the lights on here. We currently have no corporate sponsors, ad revenue, or member data selling to bring in the big bucks. 100% of our funding comes from our users. We have a product here, and we hope that it's worth a few bucks to you for its use. We don't require it (for most things on here anyways), but we hope that we've made a place that is something you feel is worth contributing to keep around.

As things have settled down from our initial launch, so has financial support. We want to remind everyone that us admins make no paycheck. We put in actual work to keep this place alive, and it takes money to pay the bills to keep the services running. So, it's fair to say we essentially work for free, but as long as this place keeps being a positive outlet for us, we're totally fine with that.

So, to keep things short, that's the jist of what we wanted to say. I know that not everyone feels compelled to contribute, and we anticipated that from the start. We also have no problem reminding folks there is an alternative forum that has no user contribution requirement to use the full site - so long as you're ok with invasive ads that track your online activity and them selling your data as a product. For us - we're VERY opposed to that business model and would shut this place down before moving to that type of revenue. So as long as this place is worth it for you, it's worth it for us.

Thanks again everyone!

BECOME A FORUM SUPPORTER

If the above was too much to read or you're short on time, here's the shortened version:
View attachment 82205

Will do at the end of Jan. Need to get moved and get my first paycheck..

Vanislecutthroat

Freshly Spawned
Forum Supporter
Hi

I was trying to make a one time donation, being retired and on fixed income I try to avoid subscriptions.

The one time option took me to the page shown in the attached photo where it has a box to add the amount , minimum $10.00, “for 12 months” and a choice of PayPal or Credit Card.

How do I make a one time donation?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Hi

I was trying to make a one time donation, being retired and on fixed income I try to avoid subscriptions.

The one time option took me to the page shown in the attached photo where it has a box to add the amount , minimum $10.00, “for 12 months” and a choice of PayPal or Credit Card.

How do I make a one time donation?
Hello! I responded to your email. But the "12 months" just refers to the amount of time that one-time donation will give you the benefits for (like posting on the classifieds). Otherwise, you're in the right spot!