Trout Spey on the deschutes question.

R

RyRy82

I’m exited for you! I was able to swing for steel last year before they closed it. I havnt been back since, I miss my solo camp trips there. I’m hoping I will get to do that this year, but it’s not looking good.
Right on Bob! Any time you want to meet up there let me know!

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Right on Bob! Any time you want to meet up there let me know!
Will do!

Things to know about me.

1. I’ll fish hard all day
2. I’m going to walk a ton
3. At the end of the day I’ll drink copious amounts of beer to the point my words aren’t good😬
4. I’ll eat gross astronaut food and sleep I the back of my truck.
5. I’ll wake up 2 hours before daylight, brew coffee, eat ibuprofen and I’m back on top.
6. can keep up this pace for about three days, then I’m out.
7. I love swinging flys!!!!!!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I only laugh because that sounds a little familiar....minus the love for the swing (still do it on occasion).

R

RyRy82

Will do!

Things to know about me.

3. At the end of the day I’ll drink copious amounts of beer to the point my words aren’t good😬
5. I’ll wake up 2 hours before daylight, brew coffee, eat ibuprofen and I’m back on top.
So you can hang!

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Wait wait wait. A generator just for the fan? I thought you were hard ;) ?

Kidding of course
You ever sleep in the back of a truck with a canopy in 80+ degree weather? It’s hot as the devils Dick! And I like to be comfy when I pass out drunk😂

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Late to this but I'll add some info floated BT to Mack's yesterday did well in all the usual river left runs swinging Pocket Rockets, sculpzillas and zonker variants as mentioned above fish the slower parts of the runs. Lower access road in great shape, virtually no pressure on river right from road fishers, 72 degrees and the White was putting just the right amount of color into the water column. Floated Nena to Wap the day before also caught fish swinging and Indi, water above is super clear/clean.
Have Fun!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I saw that forecast and damn near played hooky...oh well, guess I'll just have to settle for whatever the temps are on Sat...

with regard to flies, what's a "pocket rocket"?

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Late to this but I'll add some info floated BT to Mack's yesterday did well in all the usual river left runs swinging Pocket Rockets, sculpzillas and zonker variants as mentioned above fish the slower parts of the runs. Lower access road in great shape, virtually no pressure on river right from road fishers, 72 degrees and the White was putting just the right amount of color into the water column. Floated Nena to Wap the day before also caught fish swinging and Indi, water above is super clear/clean.
Have Fun!
Regarding the right amount of color: I was over there last weekend, above the White, and it was crystal clear, like approaching Met clear. Which is why the fishing was so slow. I'm sure that's the reason....

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Regarding the right amount of color: I was over there last weekend, above the White, and it was crystal clear, like approaching Met clear. Which is why the fishing was so slow. I'm sure that's the reason....
naw, you didn't have your personal ghillie (sans net) with you...:ROFLMAO:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
This was my experience last weekend as well, but just as clear below the White.

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
Will do!

Things to know about me.

I do the exact same, besides the drinking:ROFLMAO: