T-HO-KE Flies

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Found these flies in a very seldom looked at tackle box. If anyone wants them, I will send them along.

IMG_3720.jpeg

There’s a hint of rust on the hooks - I might have trolled or mooched ‘em once upon a time.

G_Smolt

Legend
Wow, blast from the past. Anyone know what Dale is doing now, or does he still have his 8' downrigger extensions dragging around homemade coffee-can and concrete weights? 🤣

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Are those from the guy who used to call himself Dr. T-Ho-Ke? He was a local guy who loved salmon fishing in the Sound and made some real low-budget fishing videos? I think I watched a couple either from the local library or maybe on the Public Access TV station back in the 1990's.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Are those from the guy who used to call himself Dr. T-Ho-Ke? He was a local guy who loved salmon fishing in the Sound and made some real low-budget fishing videos? I think I watched a couple either from the local library or maybe on the Public Access TV station back in the 1990's.
Andy -
I don't have a clue how long ago I bought these flies or, for that matter, where. I'm guessing I got them in the Bremerton area after my wife and I moved to Kitsap County in '78 (uh, 1978). I just want them gone.

Pat

Divad

Whitefish

Videos of T-Ho-Kee.

"Into the head of the fish, through the mouth and out the eye. That gives you the best holding power"
"The way that I bend the hook is strictly designed to go through the mouth and out the eye of the fish"

I gotta say that is quite the tactic :D somehow you bend these @Buzzy and turn them into eye pokers.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter

Videos of T-Ho-Kee.

"Into the head of the fish, through the mouth and out the eye. That gives you the best holding power"
"The way that I bend the hook is strictly designed to go through the mouth and out the eye of the fish"

I gotta say that is quite the tactic :D somehow you bend these @Buzzy and turn them into eye pokers.

At about 40 minutes in on the second video he gives his phone number and address, you can call and request an order form for all their products!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Now that the flies are spoken for, I'm gonna move this thread over to the general forum just because it's turned out to have some historical stuff to it.

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This guy reminds me of a monthly fishing column in a local community paper published for the western suburbs of Portland in the 80's. The column was called "Fishing With McQ." I hated about 90% of his columns (being, at the time, in my fly fishing "purist" stage, but cut out and kept the other 10%, they had so much good information in them. He wasn't on TV, but of course we had our own Larry Schoenboern and his show, "Fishing The West."

SeaRunner

Steelhead
Last I looked he had some interesting videos up on youtube. Truly a character.

I had one of his VHS on fishing Manchester as a kid. I loved that video.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I remember him and the info he put out. Captain Downriggin also put out a lot info. I believe he moved to California and passed away recently.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I remember Capt. Downriggin from the old PP days...
Sorry to hear he passed away, seemed like a good dude.