Super Bowl LVIII Food Spread

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
It's a potluck, and I'm in charge of the salad. I'm pretty damned good at it too. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of junk food there; but nothing to rival @Matt B 's nuked Velveeta.

View attachment 102959
Ha, and to @Nick Clayton ’s point, I can remember rolling out of many a Supa Bo party feeling pretty bloated and gross! But something about that velveeta is connected directly to a pleasure center in my reptile brain. I cannot resist. Once a year only!

One of my kids is sick so no party for us. I got some stuff to make chicken katsu, going to chop that up and toss it in Buffalo wing sauce then put that on an arugula-romaine salad in vinaigrette with cave-aged blue cheese and bacon crumbles.

To go with the melted brick.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Ha, and to @Nick Clayton ’s point, I can remember rolling out of many a Supa Bo party feeling pretty bloated and gross! But something about that velveeta is connected directly to a pleasure center in my reptile brain. I cannot resist. Once a year only!

One of my kids is sick so no party for us. I got some stuff to make chicken katsu, going to chop that up and toss it in Buffalo wing sauce then put that on an arugula-romaine salad in vinaigrette with cave-aged blue cheese and bacon crumbles.

To go with the melted brick.

I'm with ya on Velveeta. Not something I ever ate often, but melted Velveeta mixed with canned chili with Fritos Scoops for dipping is one of my all time favorite sit on the couch and watch football all day foods

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Man, that looks great. I love conch. Where do you get it up here? Or are you currently in the Conch Republic or something?
I'm in the heart of the Conch Republic staring across at Vancouver Island. Oh, here comes the ferry from Victoria. I have the conch sent up from Eaton Street Seafood Market in Key West. The same place I used to buy it in person. Comes in 1 lb vacuum packed blocks and it stores well so I order enough to justify the next day shipping charges. Can't be without conch. I look forward to getting some straight from the water next month.

flybill

Life of the Party
Some chicken wings, cooked in the oven.. with some Franks Red Hot for a sauce...

Turkey burgers and maybe some oven baked potatoes or just some veggies on the side!

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
My wife is currently taking pity on me and my desire for SB snacks. She's making me up some low carb fried pickle snack things.. Basically just pickle chips and shredded cheese laid flat in a muffin tin then broiled till the cheese gets nice and crispy. Turns out like a flat, crispy cheese snack with a dill pickle slice in the middle.

I'll never understand what I did to ever deserve that woman.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
I got 2 sixers —an IPA and a Golden Pilsner—along with 2 bags of yellow Santitas, a brick of Velveeta, and a can of spicy Ro-tel. And a microwave. Guilty pleasure.
Add a lb of Jimmy Dean spicy sausage to your Velveeta and Rotel. You can thank me later.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
No party, just hanging out with my family and I’m the only one with an interest in the game. So I’m getting experimental with the menu. Two slabs of baby backs marinated overnight in a teriyaki-inspired sauce. Soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, fish sauce, cooking sherry, and a pile of fresh ginger and garlic. CE3C6866-760D-49B5-AA45-76DA4A127DD7.jpeg

And the experiment….to be cooked in the Instant Pot. Motivation is trying to accommodate my daughter who just got braces on about 2 weeks ago. Meat has to be falling apart tender. After 30 minutes in the pressure cooker, I’ll lay the slabs on a baking sheet, drizzle on more teriyaki, and broil for a couple minutes. How bad can they be?

I’ll serve it up with rice and green salad with asian dressing.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Ill be the only man in the house per usual. Not an NFL fan, but all wifes oldest friends are.

Doing a pot luck. We're supplying a spam Cobb salad, roll your own nachos spread, Guinness, sodas for mixers, and a few other things. Others bringing a dish of some kind. So we'll see what shows up

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I legit don't even know who Taylor Swifts boyfriends team is playing, and I only know that from the incessant coverage of her :LOL: