So why did we switch exactly…?

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
We all used and benefitted from Chris' site. His site, his project, his creation, and his to do with as he wishes. I'm happy for him and don't feel as if he needed to inform me or clear anything with any of us. Rather, I applaud and thank him. 20 years, of which I was part of 12 of them (although not much recently). Great info, outings, friends, and memories. Thank you Chris. That is what I've got to say.
I like Mumbles approach here... hey Chris made a choice and thankfully some folks really stepped up made a nice new home for us. Think I joined WFF in ‘08 and never made a financial support. Well that changed this evening with PNW... can someone please create a neat logo... preferably one that is not an Atlantic Salmon or a Whitefish?

Last edited:

Xoxo

Chris is still active over there, liking posts and whatever else.
Oh you are right. But on Jan. 24 that’s when Chris started liking posts (but not posting). And Jim Travers was last seen on January 24. Jim was invited here right?

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
I like Mumbles approach here... hey Chris made a choice and thankfully some folks really stepped up made a nice new home for us. Think I joined WFF in ‘08 and never made a financial support. Well that changed this evening with PNW... can someone please create a neat logo... preferably one that not an Atlantic Salmon or a Whitefish?
You have to admit, a whitefish logo would be unique 😆

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Oh you are right. But on Jan. 24 that’s when Chris started liking posts (but not posting). And Jim Travers was last seen on January 24. Jim was invited here right?

Cancelled my payment over at the former place, adds popping up in the middle of threads, yuck.

I never saw Chris "like" posts before, or it was very rare, this seems new and I suspect, not Chris.

As far as a heads-up, he would have been devaluing his own product if he did that before the sale (ie, the mass exodus?), can't blame him for not doing so. Likely a condition of the sale was he not say to anything, that's why nothing from him after and why they posted for him. Just my suspicions, could be wrong. Hope he's in the Cayman's, enjoying the good life.

cheers

Last edited:

Xoxo

Cancelled my payment over at the former place, adds popping up in the middle of threads, yuck.

I never saw Chris "like" posts before, or it was very rare, this seems new and I suspect, not Chris.

As far as a heads, he would have been devaluing his own product if he did that before the sale (ie, the mass exodus?), can't blame him for not doing so. Likely a condition of the sale was he not say to anything, that's why nothing from him after and why they posted for him. Just my suspicions, could be wrong. Hope he's in the Cayman's, enjoying the good life.

cheers
I think you are right! I don’t remember him liking any posts either. But then i wouldn’t have expected him to like mine. It does make sense that he wouldn’t be able to say anything based on whatever he agreed to in the sale.

I was lucky in that i paid Chris with a check and not PayPal. I did not re-up by paying him again and I’m still not seeing advertisements over there and the banner WFF Premium remains under my name. So i must have slipped through the cracks.

I did have a question…..Since this website has been published and promoted over there, how are we sure the VSAdmin Mike didn’t join under an alias. How would Evan or Josh or Billy or Sue know ?

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
I did have a question…..Since this website has been published and promoted over there, how are we sure the VSAdmin Mike didn’t join under an alias. How would Evan or Josh or Billy or Sue know ?

That is one of those need to know situations and obviously, we don't need to know .....:oops:

dflett68

Steelhead

That is one of those need to know situations and obviously, we don't need to know .....:oops:
just guessing - i suspect vsmike's job consists 100% of moderating vs forums. but whether it is him, the guy in the cube next to him, or their whole legal dept, count on VS having a good look around here incognito.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
just guessing - i suspect vsmike's job consists 100% of moderating vs forums. but whether it is him, the guy in the cube next to him, or their whole legal dept, count on VS having a good look around here incognito.
Why would they do that? I suspect they don't give a crap unless traffic on this site picks up to where they want to acquire it.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not sure why they would come here. It’s not like they fish.

I wonder how many times they’ve bought a board only to have it abandoned and restarted elsewhere.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I think the time for purging all our info was before WFF was sold. I'd image that the team (Verticalscope) that bought WFF had already mined all the info that could on us as soon as the acquistion took place..
Agreed. They probably ran a couple of scripts immediately after acquisition and acquired the majority of their needed data fairly quickly.

Freestone

Life of the Party
Forum Legend
How would Evan or Josh or Billy or Sue know ?
I wouldn’t have any more clue than you, Jojo, as I am just a member of this site like you. I am not involved in the business end of it or anything resembling any kind of official capacity. Nor do I want to be as it would look too much like work and I am really enjoying being retired! (Just wanted to clarify)

Xoxo

I wouldn’t have any more clue than you, Jojo, as I am just a member of this site like you. I am not involved in the business end of it or anything resembling any kind of official capacity. Nor do I want to be as it would look too much like work and I am really enjoying being retired! (Just wanted to clarify)
Haha… I consider you a PNW Deputy Sue! That’s why i added your name (though i knew you might not have access). You did a lot of work getting folks over here.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Ran across a Zombie fly fishing site today called www.flyfishingforum.com. Claims to have 38,100 members but only gets 3-4 posts a month. Looked down at the bottom to see who owns the zombie site and guess what...

View attachment 2186
That used to be a thriving site at one time.

If you look at the WFF members count, only a small fraction actually participate. A lot are dead accounts that people signed up, maybe posted a few times, but never came back.

I know Chris used to flush accounts inactive for a set amount of time. Can't remember how long, maybe a year. I know at one time I was digging through some of the admin files before the big forum upgrade years ago, and the member count was substantially bigger than what showed.