Rain

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Its been so long since its rained.

I looked out back yesterday.

....that should have been brought inside.
Yep....that too.
Damn.....i even forgot about the open ceiling vents in the RV.
I left many things outside, nothing ruined, just wet.

Oh well.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Its been so long since its rained.

I looked out back yesterday.

....that should have been brought inside.
Yep....that too.
Damn.....i even forgot about the open ceiling vents in the RV.
I left many things outside, nothing ruined, just wet.

Oh well.

Day before the rain I was scrambling around looking for hidden mowers or buckets of tools. Just when it started to get towards dinner and felt I had it covered, "the g#@#$#* roof"! hit me.

First day on high blood pressure meds was pushed back a day, luckily.
Rough start to grumpy/rainy season could have been a lot worse.

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Got snowed on last night. Got about 2". Probably not powder as it wasn't that cold when it started to snow. But the next week it will be colder. Looking for powder snow. It is easier to clean up. I'd go take a few pictures but we al know what snow looks like. Besides, Baby it's cold outside.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
A fun little thunderstorm rolled through Tacoma last night. About 10 minutes of lightning, 5 minutes approaching, 1 strike nearly on top of us, and 5 minutes departing. It did bring a downpour, which we sat and listened to. It was delightful. Our dogs did not care for the thunder though.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Got snowed on last night. Got about 2". Probably not powder as it wasn't that cold when it started to snow. But the next week it will be colder. Looking for powder snow. It is easier to clean up. I'd go take a few pictures but we al know what snow looks like. Besides, Baby it's cold outside.
We don't shovel rain...
;)
That being said, the yard is full of leaves and cedar boughs, pretty much carpeted. Based on previous experience I have a 4 hour phase 1 clean up to do, with another 3 hour pile pickup with the tractor on my list, after getting in some fishing.
So may be next week till I get to that..

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Today was worse… this is from yesterday at north end of Lake Washington. Hard to see in to Seattle. Hard to see anything at a distance …

View attachment 37447

We're supposed to get some rain this afternoon, tonight. I sure hope so, I thought we had escaped this sort of nonsense - a fire broke out in the Croatan National Forest about 10 miles south of here, grew to about 35,000 acres in 6 hours:

7FC69F9F-E619-4F3B-9B77-C9C74E93BF96.jpeg

9EAB6E16-7074-4E74-BE8B-3422F2FA4837 copy.jpg

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Won’t be needed to mow my grass…I mean hay much more this year. Drying out super fast and a nice brown patina.
June used to be a terrible month weather wise. Junuary has we called it. I recall one camping trip to the coast in June where the air mattresses were floating in the tent.
110° in June a few years ago. As a PNW lifer I never thought I’d see that in my lifetime.
Perhaps @Shawn Seeger can get on it and make it rain. 😂
Not much happening over the next 10 days on the now dry supposedly wetside.
SF