Puget Sound

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Fun day on the beach rather than working.
Thank you for the invite @Steve_S
Much appreciated! Ended up 8 for 12. Things started a little slow for both of us but the water finally slowed down and things started happening. Some plucky bite so the stinger was deployed. Having what looked like maybe a 70+ yo gal call me “bro” made my day. 😂
Saw something I’ve never seen before today. A heron go after a salmon that someone had hooked up. Very cool to see.
Forgot to bring my net. A few pics from today.
SF

IMG_4834.jpegIMG_4836.jpegIMG_4839.jpegIMG_4842.jpegIMG_4844.jpegIMG_4847.jpegIMG_4848.jpegIMG_4854.jpeg

Last edited:

DKL

Steelhead
Fun day on the beach rather than working.
Thank you for the invite @Steve_S
Much appreciated! Ended up 8 for 12. Things started a little slow for both of us but the water finally slowed down and things started happening. Some plucky bite so the stinger was deployed. Having what looked like maybe a 70+ yo gal call me “bro” made my day. 😂
Forgot to bring my net. A few pics from today.
SF
8/12-that’s a pretty awesome day. Nice to take a day off and have those results. Now here’s hoping the universe does it checks and balances thing and your Huskies get upset tomorrow.

T

Tombraider

Damb shame it's coming to an end on the Salt. 17 lbs of meat today. Very insane action with wife. Only lost 1 double

Attachments

• image000004.jpg
    image000004.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230922_152846.jpg
    20230922_152846.jpg
    861.1 KB · Views: 49
  • image000001(3).jpg
    image000001(3).jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 49

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Gave mooching a try today, but fishing a slack tide exchange probably was a waste of cutplugs. Had a little shaker follow up to the boat and then switch between the three rods in the water, was pretty funny to watch. Set the downrigger to 70 and let the cutplugs keep fishing while we trolled. Three coho to the boat in three hours of fishing, plus a shaker on the cutplug. Small fish, weighed around 3 and a half lbs. Gonna be fishing hard and making the most of the season, planning to hit the beach on Sunday with the new Boost Blue

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Might be a bit sporty out there for the derby today.
Blowing pretty good already here in the north end.
SF

IMG_4856.jpeg

Last edited:

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Connected with my best SRC to the net this morning, really a good strong fish, ate this goofy, skinny little stinger clouser I had tied trying to imitate these skinny little baitfish I'm seeing which I think are small anchovies. Another smaller cutt and some juvenile salmon took a pearl over olive #9, nice morning after a bit of a slow spell for me.20230923_083513.jpg20230923_083450.jpg20230923_084502.jpg

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Slow day for me. One good bite. Only saw two fish caught a beach one. A guy got snapped off horsing a good fish at beach two.
Tried staying out of the wind but it still kind of sucked. Headed home for a nap, football watching and to tie some flies. Rain is coming.
Back at it again tomorrow.
SF

P.S. Pro Tip…. When a guy tossing a buzz bomb while wearing white tennis shoes decided to fish next to you, consider moving before you need stitches or lose an eye. I pray he doesn’t play golf. 😂

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
I didn’t duck in time, took a stinger to the back of my head through hood and hat. Had to feel up the hook before sliding it out of my scalp :)

One 2.5-3 pounder on a GITD fly early morning, not quite big enough to keep. Lost a good fish at second beach due to frayed leader, got a sore shoulder on the third. Tough day today :)

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Shame we only have a week left in Area 9 and 8. I didn't get to fly fish as much as I wanted to, which has me considering the path to insanity that is staging south sound coho. I see we have plenty of rain in the forecast that is probably going to push in the fish that are currently tormenting @Divad. Are there waves of fresh fish through October down there? Or am I better off waiting for the chums

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Do you have a link to that weather website? I really like all the info on the wind! I'm often surprised at direction and velocity of wind at beaches once the sun is up.

Here you go Jim.
SF

IMG_0094.jpeg