Puget Sound

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Always loved a good relief map. In this case comic relief.
View attachment 77381
View attachment 77382
Solid beach art....respect to whomever did/added to this one:
View attachment 77383
Harbor porpoise
View attachment 77384
2/4 pinks, 6 cutts, one perch, one resident coho. Pinks and cutts caught on both a pink fly and a non pink fly, though the cutts far preferred the non pink. It was cool to fish a site where SRC and salmon were overlapping, plus a new-to-me spot, and no crowds
Do you cross that bridge before or after entering Joyce?

1691811772629.jpeg

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Always loved a good relief map. In this case comic relief.
View attachment 77381
View attachment 77382
Solid beach art....respect to whomever did/added to this one:
View attachment 77383
Harbor porpoise
View attachment 77384
2/4 pinks, 6 cutts, one perch, one resident coho. Pinks and cutts caught on both a pink fly and a non pink fly, though the cutts far preferred the non pink. It was cool to fish a site where SRC and salmon were overlapping, plus a new-to-me spot, and no crowds
You chased down the dragon, well done!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
True
Neither does the cart for my 15 foot SOT. But it sure helps if you're doing an 800 foot drag from the bank to the parking lot at, say, Lake Sammamish.
I haven’t dialed in that Lake Sammamish salmon on the fly bite yet, so there has not been a need. Besides, that State Park has a boat launch. Pretty big one, too. Works great for launching boats. I think I’d go there if the hand carry by the swimmers beach was an issue. Thanks though.

DKL

Steelhead
Do you cross that bridge before or after entering Joyce?

View attachment 77404
Reminds me of the first time I saw the Entering Ethel sign. I was the only one that thought it was funny. I’ve driven by this sign a gazillion times and for some reason never put the same thought together and it’s even more obvious with Joyce then with Ethel.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Reminds me of the first time I saw the Entering Ethel sign. I was the only one that thought it was funny. I’ve driven by this sign a gazillion times and for some reason never put the same thought together and it’s even more obvious with Joyce then with Ethel.
No need to get Pysht about it.

KFCDAVE

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Went up to area 9 with my dad this morning and had some good luck. I went 1/2 with a hatchery coho landed and my dad went 3/4 on the buzzbomb with 2 pinks and 1 beautiful hatchery Chinook that we kept wet and released after I took a few photos. Tons of bait around!IMG_2004.jpegIMG_2008.jpeg

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Much slower day today. More weeds and sun and less current. Three coho and two humpies to hand, so only had to use two bullets. 😉 Lots of follows without commits.
Should have stayed on beach one for the incoming rather then relocating.
SF

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Headed out in the boat with @Kfish today looking for coho and or pinks. After a slow start it turned into a really solid day with the incoming tide. Hit a number of spots. One was a well known humpy spot that gave up a good number of fish to both of us. After running around a bit looking for fish we came up on a spot that looked super fishy for a couple of reason. After seeing a jumper we started doing drifts and had some great coho fishing for good sized hatchery fish. Came home with 4 fish between us. I kept a pink because it was bleeding badly. That was unfortunate considering the coho fishing we found. Great day…except maybe for Lou’s wallet…and the repair department at Scott Rods ;).

IMG_3009.jpeg

IMG_3008.jpeg

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3007.jpeg

IMG_3005.jpeg

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
It was a successful day with @jasmillo after the slow start in the morning. We got several humpies and saw many followed in groups of 3 but veered away when they got close to the boat, very cool to see.

PXL_20230812_163112025.jpg
PXL_20230812_171147112.jpg

Later on we happened to pass by a nice point with lots of kelp, saw a fish jumped and decided to drift it. This turned out to be a really good coho spot, I hooked 4, broke off 2 and kept 2. All good size clipped coho that fought like hell. One of the ones I lost ran under the boat, the borrowed rod was fully wrapped around the hull and when there was no more flex to give that fish broke it off. Maybe if I didn't rush tying on the clouser with a clinch knot it might have held with a non slip loop, who knows...

PXL_20230813_003818115.jpg

Brought home 2 nice coho, but at a steep price of 2 broken rods. First breakage was when I started a cast it simply snapped, "clouserized" as Brian would say. Second break was my dumb move, rod was resting on the bow under the cleat. In a rush to get a cast to a fish nearby I lifted it up before clearing it, that was a good crunch near the cork. Sigh...

We broke all sorts of stuff today, Jason's net handle decided to part way but it turned out to be an excellent bonking stick :)
That was interesting netting fish with just a hoop!

PXL_20230812_220045844.jpg

Whaler is going to need a lot of cleaning, sorry Jason.

PXL_20230812_200355286.jpg

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Broken Equipment Sound….Formerly known as Puget Sound.
Tough weekend on gear out there. 😉 I shipped my rod out today.
Lou, we can have a contest to see who gets their rod back first. My money is on Scott over Sage. 😂
SF

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Broken Equipment Sound….Formerly known as Puget Sound.
Tough weekend on gear out there. 😉 I shipped my rod out today.
Lou, we can have a contest to see who gets their rod back first. My money is on Scott over Sage. 😂
SF
My son literally threw his cello case into my car last week, breaking a Sage and a Scott. I sent them off on the same day. Scott quoted me 8-10 weeks, Sage quoted me 3-4 months.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
My son literally threw his cello case into my car last week, breaking a Sage and a Scott. I sent them off on the same day. Scott quoted me 8-10 weeks, Sage quoted me 3-4 months.

When I sent the same Sage rod in earlier this year, they told me 8-10 weeks. I got it back right at about 8 weeks.
SF

Divad

Whitefish
What a day! Caught two kings, one unclipped 8 or 9 lbs and a clipped shaker.

Then got a coho and pink to keep. Multiple ear-to-ear grin runs and one into my backing a bit. Before heading home managed another beach and hooked up then intentionally played it to let go since I was at quota. 4 beaches in total.

684490CB-1632-4F8C-9D4F-731F94EB2925.jpeg
D31A092A-6C5E-405E-B3BA-86D7F28B4D71.jpeg

Same fly all day, absolutely love this epoxy head stinger, casts wonderful on the 10ft tres weight. The Martin clicker was screaming a few times today and required palming and tweaker cranking.

68C3CA47-7BF2-4857-B363-1C0AC00BE8BE.jpeg

This high is bound to remain at least until tomorrows feast.

Grandpa Jim

Steelhead
What a day! Caught two kings, one unclipped 8 or 9 lbs and a clipped shaker.

Then got a coho and pink to keep. Multiple ear-to-ear grin runs and one into my backing a bit. Before heading home managed another beach and hooked up then intentionally played it to let go since I was at quota. 4 beaches in total.

View attachment 77560
View attachment 77561

Same fly all day, absolutely love this epoxy head stinger, casts wonderful on the 10ft tres weight. The Martin clicker was screaming a few times today and required palming and tweaker cranking.

View attachment 77562

This high is bound to remain at least until tomorrows feast.
I was next to you for a bit this afternoon. Looks like I left too early. Not the first time I've said that this season.

Divad

Whitefish
I was next to you for a bit this afternoon. Looks like I left too early. Not the first time I've said that this season.
I meant to ask if you were on here, then we got carried away with the OP talks ha! I left 30 minutes after you, the beach was picking up as I left but all on the north edge and I couldn’t squeeze in.

Then moved south to a couple beaches and it was on fire.