Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucker

Steelhead
Testing the water here, I have a Luhr-Jensen Little Chief smoker that doesn't work. The electrical coil does not work and the unit is so old the company does not offer a replacement element. Other than that, the smoker is in good shape for its age. It's free to anyone who feels they can fix it and wants it. I'm in North Seattle.. I say "testing the waters" because I don't want anyone to think I'm pawning my trash off in this thread, but in reality I'll probably take it to the dump if no one wants it.

Cliff

It looks way better than mine!

I found that little chief heating elements don’t play well with modern GFI protected outlets. I thought that the element was gone because it tripped the breaker at the outlet, but a new one did the same thing, and when I tested them they were both actually working within spec. Putting the smoker on a different circuit without a GFI made it work again.

So maybe that’s your issue. If not I will take it off your hands.

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
I have a massive collection of Fly Fisherman, and American Angler (fly fishing only content) I'd like to give away.
They are 2018 to 2021 or so issues.
Pickup in Whatcom county
PM for details. Will deliver to Bellingham area too.
Tons of good reading.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Stop by, pick it up. Assortment of saltwater lures, banana sinkers, hooks............... Ephrata, WA

PM if you're in the neighborhood.IMG_2482.jpg

That black Buzzbomb in the third tray has some karma * ............. just sayin'

* Port of Brownsville, Fenwick FS83C

Last edited:

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
Stop by, pick it up. Assortment of saltwater lures, banana sinkers, hooks............... Ephrata, WA

PM if you're in the neighborhood.View attachment 65294

That black Buzzbomb in the third tray has some karma * ............. just sayin'

* Port of Brownsville, Fenwick FS83C
@Searun - did you get lost? Tackle and box still available.

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
I doubt the Methow or Wenatchee rivers will open for steelhead fishing anytime soon so........ perhaps someone from "the coast" might find these useful, pick up next time you're passing through Ephrata:
IMG_2484.jpg

I remember one cold December morning, Schmorde and I had skidded down this steep river bank, he went downstream, I went upstream. I cast one of these silver spoons at the edge of a big rock; steelhead on, jumped and came unbuttoned. Darn! Then I heard someone laughing - property owner reminding me that I was trespassing. Strike-2. Come pick these up and go fishing.

dbaken

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Trying to clean out the garage, some free stuff:
Cabela's Wind River 5wt
Creek Company fins
Cabela's wading boots, size 9, used once.
Inflatable boat. Ultimate fishing machine, just be very, very careful with hooks :).

Pick up only, outer SE Portland.

Attachments

• IMG_20230530_113944468_HDR(1).jpg
    IMG_20230530_113944468_HDR(1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230530_113947752.jpg
    IMG_20230530_113947752.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230530_174602036.jpg
    IMG_20230530_174602036.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230530_174615813_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230530_174615813_HDR.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230530_174606741.jpg
    IMG_20230530_174606741.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
This popped up in one of my neighborhood feeds.
Might make a cool fly tying desk for someone.
Located in North Seattle. If someone wants this before it is taken, send me a pm with your contact info and I’ll ping the guy for you.
SF

IMG_4208.jpeg

ColinShots

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have a Fish Cat 4 float tube that needs to be passed along (happy to give it to you, but it would also be awesome if you had something to pass on to a 15 year old just getting into fly fishing. If not, no worries).

The right bladder had a leak on the seam, and we repaired it on site. I’m not sure how long that’s going to hold. Also, my son thinks the left bladder may also have a slow leak, but he’s not sure. Finally, the seat back stitching came undone. I attempted to fix it with some tenacious tape, but it’s not holding all that great. New bladders cost $50 a side from Outcast. You’d have to pick up the float tube in Portland.

IMG_4438.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4439.jpeg

IMG_4442.jpeg

Last edited:

Grayone

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have a Fish Cat 4 float tube that needs to be passed along (happy to give it to you, but it would also be awesome if you had something to pass on to a 15 year old just getting into fly fishing. If not, no worries).

The right bladder had a leak on the seam, and we repaired it on site. I’m not sure how long that’s going to hold. Also, my son thinks the left bladder may also have a slow leak, but he’s not sure. Finally, the seat back stitching came undone. I attempted to fix it with some tenacious tape, but it’s not holding all that great. New bladders cost $50 a side from Outcast. You’d have to pick up the float tube in Portland.

View attachment 75283

View attachment 75285

View attachment 75284

View attachment 75286
Where can I pick it up? It would be great for my grandson.

Divad

Whitefish
@Grayone if you’re going to repaatch, the two part kits with patch and glue I find to work a lot better than the premade peel and stick. Granted the latter are nice for emergencies, the former is what we used on our boats in Big Sky for permanent repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.