NFR Places to eat after (or before) fishing

Non-fishing related

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
If you find yourself fishing the Quincy Lakes area and if you like Mexican food (who doesn't?), try Tacos Jalisco on C street SW. Their steak tacos are $2.50 each paired with beans and rice and homemade (fresh daily) salsa? Delicious.

If you find yourself fishing DF or Lenore then Soap Lake has a couple of places worth sitting down for a meal: Del Red Pub (recently remodeled and has new ownership) - Pineapple burger is damn good! Another place to eat, very organic and laid back is Cloudview, I give Del Red and Cloudview two thumbs up. Personally I find Sophia's expensive and overated.

Salmon123

Just Hatched
Buzzy, Thanks for the info hitting Quincy lakes area up this weekend. Quincy use to have a bomb pizza joint called Zach's its long gone now

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Hansgrill has great breakfast food for when you’re done (or need a break from) flogging the waters of PNP.

Agreed, they really have solid food in there. You'd think that living 5 minutes down the road from the place we would eat there often but I've only eaten there a small handful of times in the 14 years I've lived out here

Last edited:

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Hansgrill has great breakfast food for when you’re done (or need a break from) flogging the waters of PNP.

I’ve eaten more breakfast snickers, Funyuns, beef jerky and black coffee than I care to admit from that place. I should try their real food sometime. They also don’t yell at you when you walk in with wet, sandy waders which is nice :).

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Idlyd Trading post, on the way to the fly-waters, makes great bfast burritos and sandwiches. It's a short order restaruant, tackle shop, gas-station, and a licquor store. I always pick up their best bottle of scotch on days that I catch a steelhead, or on days when I raise a steelhead, sometimes on days when I got a bite, or even think I got a bite.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
If you’re on the OP
It’s my daughter’s place so even though I’m just a little biased it’s pretty great and opens at 6!
Yes it is. With company coming for dinner I'm headed up there this morning. 👍

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Big Wally’s in Coulee City, Longhouse Market & Deli in Blyn, Short Stop Chevron in Freeland, Sandy’s Deli Mart in Belfair.
None are gourmet, but good places to stop for a bite if you are hunger before or after fishing.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Always wondered about that place...drove by it hundreds of times, just never stopped.

Thanks

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Always wondered about that place...drove by it hundreds of times, just never stopped.

Thanks

My family has always enjoyed it. Its been a fair while since I've eaten there since I can't really eat a lot of what they serve anymore, but their El Cubano sandwich with a blackberry shake was always a favorite of mine

BDD

Steelhead
If you find yourself fishing DF or Lenore then Soap Lake has a couple of places worth sitting down for a meal: Del Red Pub (recently remodeled and has new ownership) - Pineapple burger is damn good! Another place to eat, very organic and laid back is Cloudview, I give Del Red and Cloudview two thumbs up. Personally I find Sophia's expensive and overated.
As I passed through Soap Lake, I slowed down a little more than usual thinking back on this post; I couldn't remember the names but I thought they might jump out at me. Either I missed them or they are off the main drag. Anyway, I was in too big a hurry and thinking about fishing to make any more effort than that. The fishing did pick up after our call so it much have been good luck.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
As I passed through Soap Lake, I slowed down a little more than usual thinking back on this post; I couldn't remember the names but I thought they might jump out at me. Either I missed them or they are off the main drag. Anyway, I was in too big a hurry and thinking about fishing to make any more effort than that. The fishing did pick up after our call so it much have been good luck.
Hi, Dave - It was really nice to visit with you! I'm glad the fishing picked up! (Any big thick ones?) Yeah, Cloudview and DelRed are both off the main drag.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Othello of all places has an excellent Chinese Restaurant... the Golden something or other... just found it yesterday.

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Is Dusty's still in Ephrata? Had a friend during college with a tradition of stopping there for a quad burger, after visiting the Ford or Lenore.