NFR Peanut Butter Recall - Damn I like PB

Non-fishing related

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Jm Smuckers owns Adams PB. So they have that going for them. I also think it is made in Tacoma.

Yep, made in Tacoma.
My brother worked there. He hates peanut butter now. He said smelling PB all day wasn’t bad in the beginning but not so great having to smell it constantly every work day as time went on.
This was long ago so maybe that has changed now, but I doubt it.
SF

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Just make your own damn peanut butter. It's really not that hard.

Throw some peanuts in a food processor/blender with some oil. Sweeten or salt to taste. Run that processor until it is all buttery. Done.
"some oil" - as in peanut oil or that Candian stuff they renamed Canola? Or?

@Mark Yoshida - thread drift, sorry. To those who buy (or make your own) PB like Adams or Kirkland organic - what's your trick for incorporating the oil on the surface into the mixture? We've been buying Kirkland organic (creamy - not sure if they offer crunchy) - the last jar I opened the peanut portion was very hard to stir and get the oil mixed back into.... I thought about a mini-mortar mixer, wouldn't that be messy.
1653315592685.png

longputt

Steelhead

Throw some peanuts in a food processor/blender with some oil. Sweeten or salt to taste. Run that processor until it is all buttery. Done.
We add honey and take this hiking...instant PB and honey. I'm always amazed at the amount of oil when it separates after storing in the fridge. I've wondered if PB makers sell the oil as a by-product (or vice versa) or mix it back in?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin

@Mark Yoshida - thread drift, sorry. To those who buy (or make your own) PB like Adams or Kirkland organic - what's your trick for incorporating the oil on the surface into the mixture? We've been buying Kirkland organic (creamy - not sure if they offer crunchy) - the last jar I opened the peanut portion was very hard to stir and get the oil mixed back into.... I thought about a mini-mortar mixer, wouldn't that be messy.
View attachment 15089
whatever oil you want. I use avocado oil typically.

Xoxo

We actually used to do that! Also made almond butter. (We used to give little jars of it away as gifts.) It was so good! But it does take some time and it’s fairly expensive (especially if you break your Vitamix). After awhile our Vitamix started getting very wobbly so we quit making it.

Xoxo

View attachment 15089
We store ours upside down.

Tim Cottage

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Nothing satisfies like a hardy bird shit sandwich for lunch.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
I got a jar of Jif from Costco, about a year ago. It smelled and tasted weird, compared to the jar that I bought previously. I threw it out and never bought that brand again.

RCF

Life of the Party
Check the latest recall list. Lots of sweets, candy and bakery goods, use Jiff PB.

Mtnwkr

Steelhead
Had two 4lb tubs on the recall list. Filled out the forms and have coupons for free replacements coming. Wife and kid eat a lot of this stuff, I figure they could be eating wayyy worse things.