Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
worse SB production ever....essentially four hours of ads periodically interrupted by football.
Props to KC's win, thumbs down to Shanahan's coaching
Did you expect anything different, seems to me it’s been that way for several years , now it gets interrupted by a terrible half time show .

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I was fairly young during Bo's peak, so my memories are a bit skewed, but both baseball and football he seemed to always destroy Seattle teams.

That guy was probably the best athlete I've ever watched.
Unfortunately, I believe without looking , a hip injury did him in . He was awesome to watch when he was healthy.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The raiders were the team to hate. They pushed the envelope in everything. Stickum abuse to pushing fumbles to the end zone. The effort to just to win at all cost was admirable and terrible at same time. . Chain smoking on the sideline and the ultimate chain smoker looked like a lead singer for a washed out rock band Fred Biletnikoff (so?) dude caught so many unbelievable passes. Kenny was a true snake… venomously to many teams. But the real glory came from the Fullbacks (punishers) and their D’…. Nasty and Dirty. And if any of you are young enough to know back in the day you had better be damn good to overcome nasty and dirty. Steelers pulled it out a couple times but most teams couldn’t. Steeler vs Raider in 79-80‘s was prime time nasty ball. Seemed like most games went down to the wire. Some were injured. True battle.

That’s how I remember it. I’m not sure today’s qb’s could handle it. That’s why I admire Bradshaw, Stabler, and others. Why I’m critical on not giving young QBs a chance. Because both Stabler and Bradshaw and several other didn’t set the world on fire when they first started to play. Long winded so sorry 😞

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Davis is quite the character, have a friend who knows him...heard some stories.
🤣

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
talking Raiders, let's make sure to give props to Jim Plunkett, outstanding during the two seasons he led the Raiders to SB victories.
as to Davis, the way he treated Marcus Allen, benching a Hall Of Fame player in his prime while refusing to trade him, as well as firing 5 coaches in 7 years,stuck with the crappy draft picks Davis insisted on making himself each year, pretty much underscored what a petty tyrant Davis actually was.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
threads like this nothing more than idle 'bar chat'...to have knowledge or opinion on a subject doesn't mean it's necessarily living in one's head...if it is, get out that front door and replace it with some actual living

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Totally fun to watch Jackson run over Bosworth .
Bo Jackson going into the KC Royals HoF this spring, even though he played only 5 years for them. He was a gifted athlete and a brilliant flash who all to sadly had to hang it up. It was a hip dislocation that started the decline, with sever damage to cartilage and some bone loss.

Watching him run over Bosworth was one of the great highlights, especially after Bosworth had run his fat mouth before the game. Not sure Bosworth was ever the same after that, couldn't;t have happened to a bigger AssHat :D

Go 3Peat

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
No, Bosworth was exactly who he ever was going to be before, during and after that game.

Shoot, PEDs couldn't even save him!

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Bo Jackson going into the KC Royals HoF this spring, even though he played only 5 years for them. He was a gifted athlete and a brilliant flash who all to sadly had to hang it up. It was a hip dislocation that started the decline, with sever damage to cartilage and some bone loss.

Watching him run over Bosworth was one of the great highlights, especially after Bosworth had run his fat mouth before the game. Not sure Bosworth was ever the same after that, couldn't;t have happened to a bigger AssHat :D

Go 3Peat
I watched that game , when Jackson got injured . Also running over Bosworth . I think Bosworth lasted three seasons in the NFL, total flop , and yes , Asshat .

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
20240311_113219.png

Meanwhile in Santa Clara... the SB56 hangover continues.

Last edited:

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I don’t think the younger viewers here realize what the Raiders were back with Al Davis being the owner. Now they got his dipshit son , he doesn’t appear to have a clue . When Al was alive Mark didn’t seem to have much of a role with the Raiders , now we know why .

Brute if you are old enough you know what we are talking about , if not then I’ll tell you the Raiders are no where near what they were , their culture was totally different, that were a badass team . They are a shell of the teams I got to see in the 70’s , and 80’s. They weren’t doing that great towards the end of Al Davis life , when he died in 2011 , but they have been pretty much in the toilet ever since . I have high hopes with the new coach . Time will tell .
I’m a 52 year Raider fan, back to the days of the Mad Bomber Darryl Lamonica and the AFL…and after Al traded Gruden to the Bucs for cash, I’ve lost respect for him running the team. Sure, Mark isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least he had the sense of hiring a GM…usually owners make lousy GM’s, and Al was one of them the last 10 years he ran the team.