• Yes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm cool with fall, but I like spring

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I prefer Septober (late September/early fall)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I'm weird, I like it hot....

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Lakes are prime, with some fattys.
The Yak is in its absolute prime
Mountains are gorgeous
Fall colors are in full swing
Streamer eats are on the menu
Browns and brookies (and their hybrid brethren) are getting all colored up
Big fat October Caddis hatches
Salt is still a valid option
Coho in rivers
Some snow in the hills
Cooler temps
Baseball playoffs
NFL is underway
Hockey has kicked off
It's not so fucking hot
Grass is watering itself (thanks rain)
Hoodie season
Fall bear hunts
Deer hunts
Etc.

October is the best, right?

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I dunno. I like it hot. I love summer.
I tend to get so burnt out from going so hard from April to September that October tends to be a bit lazy for.

This year no exception, laid up with knee surgery.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'm a Septober fan. September and early October are my favorite fishing times by a wide margin. The things I wait all year for happen then: tuna and Columbia River fall salmon just down the street. The time for me to get my dirtbag fishing overload.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I'm voting no. I find myself thinking this is great, doesn't get better, all year long. Love the shoulder seasons, spring is full of anticipation as the world wakes up, fall has better sized hungry fish, fishing in the snow is the awesome, and summer mornings are special. Hot is not my favorite thing though. I guess I just enjoy it whenever I can get out.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I wish every month could be October.
If not, how about it goes from June to September and we skip July and August?
SF

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Fall all the way... I love the tidewater fishing opportunities but for me, it's the arrival migratory waterfowl. Where we fish along the Oregon Coast is also one of the places where geese make landfall after a non stop transoceanic flight from their arctic and subarctic breeding grounds. It's pretty amazing how these birds ride the upper air winds of fall weather systems to help catapult them across the open ocean. The calls of migrating Pacific white-fronted or Aleutian cackling geese are big distraction while stripping a comet or clouser in tidewater.

1697122703266.jpeg

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
October is best for steelhead fishing. I always seem to celebrate my birthdays at the Rainbow in Maupin.

RCF

Life of the Party
I luv October. The cool mornings means I can sleep in or get some projects done before I start fishing. It seems these cool mornings slow down the hatches until it warms up. Also extends the window of fish actively feeding until late in the day or even until nightfall.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’d have to vote April as most of the fishing I really like to do (spring trout, summertime smallmouth and fall smorgasbord) is all out ahead of me. But i agree oct is great.