NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Ultimately I don't really care about the SB but if I had to pick I'd say Im rooting for the Niners.

I really like Kittle and Warner as players and tbey both seem like quality dudes. I also kinda have a soft spot for Purdy. All that dude has done since he was thrown into action is perform, and win. He gets criticized like crazy, yet he always seems to handle it so well. I know I'm supposed to hate the Niners, but I would low key kinda enjoy seeing him beat Mahomes.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Ultimately I don't really care about the SB but if I had to pick I'd say Im rooting for the Niners.

I really like Kittle and Warner as players and tbey both seem like quality dudes. I also kinda have a soft spot for Purdy. All that dude has done since he was thrown into action is perform, and win. He gets criticized like crazy, yet he always seems to handle it so well. I know I'm supposed to hate the Niners, but I would low key kinda enjoy seeing him beat Mahomes.
My man!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Yep….

Interesting note on the idea being thrown around in media articles that Grubb somehow "reneged" on Alabama. Based on what I heard reported yesterday via a radion interview with a Seahakws beat reporter, none of the incoming bama assistant coaches (including Grubb) had signed contracts.

Job's not a job until you've got the paperwork done. Drag your feet on that as an employer and there's always the chance your hire will find a better offer. Sounds like Grubb did.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
As an employer I never resented a man that left for a better job. Either for money or a place for better opportunity for advancement.
If Alabama hasn't figured out how the coaching carousel works then...they need schooling!
I'm sure Alabama knew it was possible. I haven't seen any hard feelings being posted like the Commanders and Johnson from Detroit. That seemed like a fiasco.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Contracts and agreements don't seem to mean much for anyone in the NFl. Teams change their mind about coaches all the time. Teams cut players under contract. Players demand a release/trade etc etc.

At this point I can't find any fault or blame any of them for doing what they think is best for their career. It's a cutthroat world on all sides.

I'm pulling for the 'Niners.....and it has  nothing to do with football.😉

Was also wondering "What are the odds on Toney dropping a game-winning pass vs. the odds on Patrick Mahomes throwing a possible game-winning pass to a wide-open Toney?"😞

JudyM

Steelhead
Game on, later today. 6:30 Eastern (have I mentioned I hate Eastern time?). Let the griping about the Refs and TS sightings begin.

Cheers
Eastern time is 3 hours in advanced of Pacific time. When Eastern time comes up, I just deduct 3 hours to have the Pacific time. Game starts at 3:30pm our time.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Eastern time is 3 hours in advanced of Pacific time. When Eastern time comes up, I just deduct 3 hours to have the Pacific time. Game starts at 3:30pm our time.
My problem is, I live in Eastern time - I hate Eastern time, did I mention that?

Go Chiefs