NFR motorcycles

Non-fishing related

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Had a few bikes. Somewhere I have shots with Roper on a putt out Hwy 2.

This is all I have on my phone - the old Puyallup Dragway, circa '80, giving my mom a riding lesson..
BC92905F-48EF-4579-AF50-702F527DE7D8.jpeg

FishaLot

Team Dark Mode
Many years ago I had a 1974 XL kick start. took many years to lose the Sportster Knee.
Is yours pre 75 with the right side shift?
Yes, mine’s a 74 right side shift but I converted it with linkage to modern left shift

kerrys

Ignored Member
I wondered if your new avatar had that knucklehead engine in a frame with a hydro-glide front end.
No. The motorcycle in the picture is a hand built shovel head with House of Horsepower cases, Customcrome high compression ported heads. Can’t remember the cam. It was stroked with an S&S carb. 5 speed rubber mounted tranny with a kick start conversion although the compression was almost to high for a kicker. Custom made two into one header. All this sitting in a custom built Santee frame. I sold it and used the money as a down payment on our first house.

cody-

Steelhead
IMG_20150611_160113_hdr.jpgIMG_20150709_154955_hdr.jpg

My G650GS and I went coast to coast and back during the summer after my first year of college. Camped all but 4-5 nights and saw a whole lot. Lost it in 2018 getting t-boned by a pickup at an intersection, spent some time in the hospital, and haven't been back on a bike since. Sure miss it though.

I don't have a photo available right now because I am less than proficient with computers, but I ride a black BMW 1992 R100R and my wife also rode for awhile on a 2003 BMW F650GS. We came across a serious accident where a couple on a bike were t-boned by a Pathfinder pulling a trailer and they didn't make it. She wont ride anymore and so its solo for awhile. Being self employed I don't get out as much as I wish and presently the front rotor is apparently locked up. Gotta get down to Valentine and get Dana or Mark to help me out. Good guys there. By spring I want to be back in the saddle but also swear to get out on the water more this year as well. A dilemma... but I am sure I can solve it.