March Madness 2024

Landlocked

Steelhead
They have Drake in the 1st round…they are getting to the 2nd round
They haven’t been able to find the basket much since beating AZ in Tucson a few weeks ago. Blew 3 winnable games. Now instead of dancing in Spokane, they get Omaha, 2-hours from Drake. If they win that then they most likely get Iowa State who just crushed Houston (led by old WSU coach from my era Kelvin Sampson). Essentially a home draw for the Cyclones also. Oh well Wazzu, win your winnable games and life gets easier. Hope they can hold onto Coach Smith. His wife is from Chelan, so he’s got the Eastern Wa ties. He’s a damn good coach and Coug alums are stepping up hard to get NIL money to help him keep players.

I’m going to be in Nebraska next week, but watching a bird migration, not basketball!

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
My Jayhawks are going down early:(

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Haven't followed an ounce of college basketball this year. Still filled out a bracket at work. 1/2 of the total money goes to the winner, 1/2 goes to doctors without borders (work with a bunch of docs).

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Well, I filled out a bracket for the first time in forever. My brother runs a pool every year. But my kid wanted to compete with his cousins. So I played along.

I'm terrible at filling out brackets. I'd be better if knew nothing and just picked the mascots I liked better. But I know just enough that my brackets all end up pretty close to chalk. then I think to myself "I can't have a final 4 with only 1-3 seeds..."

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I don’t follow college ball.
Usually the seedings work out as planned. It’s the turmoil before that, that is entertaining and fun to see play out. I do have the Zags going pretty deep.
It’s fun to see how I stack up to my brother, who follows more closely than I.
Last year my bracket beat his. 😁

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I was in Boise last night while watching them lose to CO in the play in game…rooting for Long Beach State since they fired their coach before the Big West tournament, which they won…and then have won their first play in game in the Big Dance…

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Against my sentimental side, I took Zags into the 8, then out. Still generous like the 5 they got going in. Like most of us, I still want MF to get one.

I have a 1 playing a 3 in the final w/ NC winning out. My (flawed) logic past the sweet 16 was take the team with the better point guard.

Bugmeister

Staying Gold
Forum Supporter
I try not to get too excited about early results. At moment my bracket is 100% correct (!) but im sure it will be busted before too long.

Some years ago my cousin won the entire Yahoo march madness bracket - believe he took home a price of 75k or something big like that.

I on the other hand know next to nothing about ncaa basketball so my bracket aspirations are limited to “ just try not to be the worst one in the office bracket challenge we do just for fun.”

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'm in a pool at my local watering hole. I know that every year you have to pick some upsets and if you pick the right ones you'll likely finish in the money. I've never picked the right ones ever and to continue with this streak I took McNeese to beat the Zags. Not happening. But my Ducks won and hopefully everyone else took the Gamecocks. So I still have a chance. Especially if they beat Creighton. It's all fun. GO DUCKS !