Lenice/Nunnally size of fish?

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I called the biologist for Lenice a few years back. I had been missing the fish there from the early 80’s and 90’s. And for the past 20 years the lake has been a shadow of itself.

He told me that the lake is now stocked for numbers. So fishermen could catch more fish. I personally get tiard of the cookie cutter sized fish out of the lake. That said I will continue to fish this lake till I can no longer walk in. At that point my son can take me in a wheelbarrow.

Anyway I would suggest we all call the Biologist and let him know our thoughts.
Phil - Have you read this entire thread? There's a lot of opinions (arguments, mud slinging, etc) on what's right for this lake in terms of hatchery plants and in the changes the lake has seen since the 80's and 90's. I don't believe Lenice/Nunnally can ever be brought back to what they once were; that's my unscientific non-biologist opinion. Seek out a few other lakes over here in the Basin; they produce some nice fish and on average, much larger than you see in Lenice.

Good luck, sir. /Patrick

Phil Fravel

Steelhead
Phil - Have you read this entire thread? There's a lot of opinions (arguments, mud slinging, etc) on what's right for this lake in terms of hatchery plants and in the changes the lake has seen since the 80's and 90's. I don't believe Lenice/Nunnally can ever be brought back to what they once were; that's my unscientific non-biologist opinion. Seek out a few other lakes over here in the Basin; they produce some nice fish and on average, much larger than you see in Lenice.

Good luck, sir. /Patrick
Thanks, At ya there are some better lakes. But my Dads ashes are at Lenice. It’s a special place to me. And I’ll keep going back. No matter what the fish size.

dep

Steelhead
I may be there sunday. want me to say Hi to your dad?
that's cool that you spread his ashes there.

CRequa

Steelhead
Wow hit the search bar and came across this gem of a thread! @Irafly Keeping his spot on my mount Rushmore of forum members, after reading through this sounds like lenice would be an excellent bass fishery🤣