Inches away from no cougar season

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
It was not really intended to be a seat where activists can wield power unchecked or be heavily weighted any given direction. Honestly, it's a cautionary tale for having any group that is lock step leaning any one way in essentially total power.
Like local school boards being captured by people who have an axe to grind and don't have kids in school.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I participated in WA Wildlife issues for a long time. I grew weary and bitter...I didn't like what I was becoming. My wife called me out one day as being a "perpetual complainer," a trait I despise. I thought about that for a while (several weeks) and came to the conclusion we should move to a place where people's philosophy on the activities I care about most aligned with mine. It's been three years since we moved, and I haven't whispered a complaint about anything wildlife related since...other than not getting out as much as I would like but that bucket will never be filled :ROFLMAO:.

I'm not suggesting people move based on these topics nor am I cavalier about that. I have always engineered my life around hunting and fishing. I'm not claiming that to be "right" it's just what I've done.

Last edited:

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Like local school boards being captured by people who have an axe to grind and don't have kids in school.

I've seen this in action recently. Our little school almost didn't survive it and may not yet as it is broken financially because of a community divide. However, anytime someone is compelled to fund something that is a case to buy an opinion in how said funds are spent. If parents want to rule the school completely without gadflys they should quite taking their money and tell them to pound sand.

Reactions: Zak

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I've seen this in action recently. Our little school almost didn't survive it and may not yet as it is broken financially because of a community divide. However, anytime someone is compelled to fund something that is a case to buy an opinion in how said funds are spent. If parents want to rule the school completely without gadflys they should quite taking their money and tell them to pound sand.
I had to look up the definition of gadfly. There's a poster above that I think fits this definition quite well but then he's offered some rather profound advice on this thread.

This thread reminds me that as group of fly fishers, we seem to debate every single topic from rigging a fly to dealing with the Commission; that's a lot of travel (A - Z.) It's too bad we can't seem to come to an agreement on something like hunting cougars (the four-legged kind) and get a unified voice to our legislators since writing the Commission seems to be a waste of time. "From now on I will write two letters a week".

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I had to look up the definition of gadfly. There's a poster above that I think fits this definition quite well but then he's offered some rather profound advice on this thread.

This thread reminds me that as group of fly fishers, we seem to debate every single topic from rigging a fly to dealing with the Commission; that's a lot of travel (A - Z.) It's too bad we can't seem to come to an agreement on something like hunting cougars (the four-legged kind) and get a unified voice to our legislators since writing the Commission seems to be a waste of time. "From now on I will write two letters a week".
Perhaps we can't come to an agreement because we don't all agree!