NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My buddy Dave was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business. He knew that he would inherit a fortune once his sickly father died.Dave wanted two things:

• to learn how to invest his inheritance and,

• to find a wife to share his fortune.

One evening at an investment meeting, he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away .
"I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, "but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit 20 million dollars."

Impressed, the woman obtained his business card.

Two weeks later, she became his stepmother.
Women are so much better at estate planning than men....

Mukman

Life of the Party
I know I joke a lot on this site, but on a serious note, I need everyone to wish me luck.

I have a meeting at the bank later today, and if it goes well, I could be free and clear of all debt and have quite a bit to add to my retirement account.

I’m so excited I can barely put on my ski mask!!

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Was reading up on Pinniped predation to help me be more informed debating a well intentioned misinformed Orca conservationist (Lots of those around, something about charismatic megafauna attracts the least educated people to be most involved in advocating for them) trying to convince me that removing the Snake River Dams will save Puget Sound Chinook, and stumbled upon something that aged well.

Last edited:

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I was not a fan, just one of several hindsight mistakes. These guys were indeed special. That era seemed like a wasteland to me, but talent shows, even to an old guy. I wasn’t ready for Freddie, but I never turn him off now.
Me 3. I describe myself as having a latent Freddie man-crush.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
I can relate. Pre-teens, running after a fly ball, I struck a monkey bar head on. Out cold for a while.
Jus might splain some things.
‘Course the bicycle header into a telephone pole might have factored in.
Ah yes - the good ol days!
I grew up playing with my two youngest brothers; 4 and 5 years older than me. I recall at least 3 times I got knocked out cold.
Once they thought it would be funny to loosen the knots holding my blanket/hammock 12 feet up in a backyard tree...I remember coming to with both of them leaning over me as my vision cleared. The first thing they said? "Don't tell Mom! She won't let us climb the tree anymore!"