NFR Humor

Non-fishing related
What about "watched sports on tv without instant replay" or "had an examination from a doctor smoking a cigarette"?
Or how about describing the music you were listening to as "before the Beatles".

On a similar note, I think it was David Spade who delivered this one-liner,
"Do you think the Beatles would have been more famous if they had spelled the name right?"

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Or how about describing the music you were listening to as "before the Beatles".

"Do you think the Beatles would have been more famous if they had spelled the name right?"
More popular if they gave away free ones. Or came up with an album titled Spellcheck

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
When only you think your clever or funny…

the teenagers had a little assignment in class today..."Creating Humor Appropriately" was the worksheet cue...these young folks are sometimes quite funny...I played along ...there were ten short cues to finish, they are in capitalized text...Yeah of course I did it too...

1. SCHOOL LUNCHES-are bereft of seasoning(they didn't get it)
2. SHOPPING WITH PARENTS- with "Let's Make a Deal" costumes
3. GETTING A HAIRCUT- with a lawnmower
4. EXCUSES FOR NOT HAVING HOMEWORK- I was on vacation in Tralfamador(Kurt Vonnegut referrence-they didn't get it)
5. ODD RELATIVES- are every other one(my favorite)
6. BEING LATE- for a seminar about time management
7. GOING TO THE DENTIST- who is wearing a Hannibal Lector mask
8. EXCERCISE- in a pushup bra
9. BEING IN A WAITING- room with St. Vitus dance( too obtuse, they didn't get it)
10. WALKING THE DOG- around an Alpo lake. ( Yeah, they didn't know what Alpo was)

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter

I remember saying something to my sister about The Beatles, and her daughter piping up with "Oh! We just learned about them in history class!"
And this was 35 years ago 😖