NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

Non-fishing related

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Speaking of the Kraken, rough stretch for them. Losses to the Pens and NYR, games against the red hot Oilers and the 21-13 Leafs upcoming next.
Ya, one of those things that kinda slow down the excitement, go from a long run running winning streak to a couple loses, especially when trying to stay in playoff run. But we just went part the season halfway point.

Let's go Kraken!!!

Divad

Whitefish
What a breakaway pass from Bjork to setup Tolvanen!!

Woooo McCann with the +1

2-0 Kraken

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Bad luck with the offsides on that nifty Daccord to Wennberg goal. Wasn't really anyone's fault. You can't expect the guys going off on a change to know something like that is going to happen. Just a bad bounce.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Ya bummer I want the assist for Joey.

So frustrating we are taking way to long to set up and then it's 3 oilers to our 1. And our passing is backsliding to really in the session

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Stupid penalty by Gourde. That's gonna kill any hope at tying this up I suspect.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
There are going to be some serious fights tonight! It is starting rough...

Let's go Kraken!

Attachments

• 20240121_182057.jpg
    20240121_182057.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 2

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Gotta run your media through a pc to a tv, have the Kraken game going with a little PiP of the other.
I've actually got both going, I just can't watch hockey properly if I'm trying to watch something else at the same time.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Another L on this post-winning streak stretch for the Kraken. Still, entertaining at least. Samsonov made some outstanding saves. But the Kraken once again didn't get nearly enough shots on goal.

Smalma

Life of the Party
With Dunn and Beniers injured and Gourde suspended this game underlines the lack of depth on the squad. The coach staff has the team playing hard and even without a major NHL star when health the Karken is a dangerous team.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I had the peel sitting next to us laughing, because every time we had the puck in Toronto end, I was yell SHOOT SHOOT... I didn't care if we had an opening or not!!! The JUST TAKE A SHOT!!!

I get you want to have an open lane or window before you shoot but you NEVER score if you don't take a shot! And we had a long drive home discussion about depth of line skill and it does NO good to pull the goalie of during the entire game you haven't been able to keep the puck in their end or manage to keep them in their end! And what do you know 1.5 minutes we pull the goalie and they die another long shot...ughhh

Divad

Whitefish
The lack of some tenacious players is really annoying in our lineup right now. Matty’s hit the other day went unanswered, the many more shots and Tanev’s recently, all the slaps our goalie gets and nobody on our team shows aggression. Was Oleksiak breast fed too long or something.

I’m glad Dunn has stepped into more of a physical role but we need more guys willing to standup for one another. Maybe a Hakstol problem to be honest.