Happy Birthday Hole Fix Help.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
My Grizzly is 20 years old this month!

1715344729887.jpeg
IMG_E7389[1].JPG

Like it's owner, it leaks air from the underside.....

IMG_7391[1].JPG

Someplace where the seat joins the raft body....

IMG_7392[1].JPG

The leak hasn't been bad. I can go an entire day ( 6+ hours) without having to add air. Yesterday I noticed the leak must have gotten slightly larger cuz I heard the air escaping throughout the day......and yes, I'm certain it was from the raft. 🤪

For those of you in the know....what are my choices here?
a) ignore it
b) slather it with Shoe Goo or Aquaseal
c) something else
d) get a good life jacket
e) a & d
f) b & d
g) send it off to Valhalla in an appropriate way

1715345737574.jpeg

whaddayathink?

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
My Grizzly is 20 years old this month!

View attachment 113629
View attachment 113630

Like it's owner, it leaks air from the underside.....

View attachment 113631

Someplace where the seat joins the raft body....

View attachment 113632

The leak hasn't been bad. I can go an entire day ( 6+ hours) without having to add air. Yesterday I noticed the leak must have gotten slightly larger cuz I heard the air escaping throughout the day......and yes, I'm certain it was from the raft. 🤪

For those of you in the know....what are my choices here?
a) ignore it
b) slather it with Shoe Goo or Aquaseal
c) something else
d) get a good life jacket
e) a & d
f) b & d
g) send it off to Valhalla in an appropriate way

View attachment 113635

whaddayathink?
h. Ask Watermaster for their opinion/suggestion?

I found myself about 100' from shore in an old float tube (donut) when the 20" truck tube suddenly went flat. No PFD, just a motorcycle tube in the backrest. It was that sudden failure that made a believer out of me in PFD use.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
If you can locate the leak, and it's not concealed by a seam or some obstruction that makes it impossible to patch, then the the WM patch kit with raft material and Staybond glue will fix it nicely. I put a patch on my Kodiak over 10 years ago, and it's perfectly good to this day. If the leak is in the "hard to impossible" to get at location, then call Big Sky Inflatables. They will probably tell you to pack it up and send to them, and they will repair it good as new.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’m kinda leaning towards G…any chance to shoot flaming arrows over a lake is a plus in my book…

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
h. Ask Watermaster for their opinion/suggestion?

I found myself about 100' from shore in an old float tube (donut) when the 20" truck tube suddenly went flat. No PFD, just a motorcycle tube in the backrest. It was that sudden failure that made a believer out of me in PFD use.
I was trying to rationalize or do a mental emergency action drill for a catastrophic failure....I hope it's on a warm sunny day ( and the stains on my shorts aren't too visible) ;)

for you and @Salmo_g.....I'll reach out to Watermaster to find out what they have to offer. I was thinking they'd tell me to pound sand since I'm not the original owner and the thing is so old, but maybe they'll surprise me.